Administrative Support Coordinator (Part - Time)
- San Jose State University
- California, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Feb 20, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Academic Affairs, Academic Administration, Other Academic Affairs, Business & Administrative Affairs, Business & Administrative Support, Other Business & Administrative Affairs
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Part Time
*This is a part-time, benefited position Monday through Friday from 1:00pm – 5:00pm.*
Reporting to the Director of Resources and Operations, the Administrative Support Coordinator provides administrative support to the Department of Psychology. Working independently, under direct supervision, this position performs moderate to complex clerical and administrative support duties for the department chair, administrative staff, and faculty.
- Acts as front-line receptionist, answers phones, and greets faculty, staff, students, and visitors
- Coordinates, composes, proofs, mailings, and other forms of communication and publicity
- Coordinates and is responsible for the production of department publications including layout, copy editing, and proofreading
- Coordinates and maintains departmental databases
- Run errands, sort, and distributes mail, photocopies exams, and other materials; file and prepare routine correspondence and flyers, troubleshooting office equipment problems
- Prepare and maintains a faculty office hours list, course syllabi, and exam files
- Designs outreach materials, and graphic design
- Responsible for the coordination of special events, receptions, and department convocations
- Maintains and updates the department website
- Provides administrative support to graduate advisors in coordinating the graduate admissions process for the Psychology Graduate programs
- Maintains applicant files and assists in the coordination of graduate program committee reviews/interviews
- Assists with modifying and maintenance of graduate program brochures and applications; creation, modification, and distribution of graduate program advertisements and publicity
- Assists students with add/drop forms, petitions, A&R procedures, registration, grade problems, comp exams, thesis, project, and candidacy procedures
- Provides ongoing support to the analyst, faculty members, and chair on projects
- Coordinates and provides logistical support for activities such as department and university balloting procedures and distributing agendas and materials
- Assists in processing faculty evaluations
- Assists in coordinating faculty recruitment and course scheduling
- Ability to draft, compose, and appropriately format correspondence and standard reports
- Thorough knowledge of software applications: word processing, spreadsheet, database and website management, and Adobe Suite
- Ability to perform accurately in a detail-oriented environment
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft Scheduling, Student Administration, CFS, FTS, and email programs such as Gmail
- Ability to handle multiple work priorities, prioritize, organize, and plan work and projects
- Must possess strong oral and written communication skills
- Must possess excellent customer service and public relations skills
- Website development/management and graphic design skills
- Completion of a high school program, technical/vocational program, or their equivalents combined
- Two years of related office work experience or a combination of education and experience which demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of the position
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Clerical experience in an office setting (maintaining files, answering phones, and customer service)
- Experience in web maintenance and management
- Purchasing experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel), Adobe Suite, web development/management software, graphic design skills, and email programs such as Gmail
- Excellent written communication skills, organization skills, customer service skills, and teamwork skills
Classification: Administrative Support Coordinator I
Anticipated Hiring Range: $2,043/month - $2,140/month (Part – Time)
CSU Salary Range: $3,505/month - $5,508/month
San José State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package typically worth 30-35% of your base salary. For more information on programs available, please see the Employee Benefits Summary .
Click Apply Now to complete the SJSU Online Employment Application and attach the following documents:
- Letter of Interest
Monday - Friday, 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
CSU Vaccination Policy
The CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus (including all booster doses of an approved vaccine for which an individual is eligible per current CDC recommendations) or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. As a condition of employment, any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement as well as with other safety measures established on the campus. The system wide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. SJSU will issue a contingent offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was offered the position on a contingent basis.
The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. Some positions may also require fingerprinting. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (e.g. H1-B VISAS)
All San José State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment. Incumbent is also required to promptly report any knowledge of a possible Title IX related incident to the Title IX Office or report any discrimination, harassment, and/or retaliation to the Office of Equal Opportunity.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act and Campus Housing Fire Safety Notification:
Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the Annual Security Report (ASR) is also now available for viewing at https://www.sjsu.edu/clery/docs/SJSU-Annual-Security-Report.pdf. The ASR contains the current security and safety-related policy statements, emergency preparedness and evacuation information, crime prevention and Sexual Assault prevention information, and information about drug and alcohol prevention programming. The ASR also contains statistics of Clery crimes for San José State University locations for the three most recent calendar years. A paper copy of the ASR is available upon request by contacting the Office of the Clery Director by phone at 408-924-1501 or by email at email@example.com .
Pursuant to the Higher Education Opportunity Act, the Annual Fire Safety Report (AFSR) is also available for viewing at https://www.sjsu.edu/clery/docs/SJSU-Annual-Fire-Safety-Report.pdf . The purpose of this report is to disclose statistics for fires that occurred within SJSU on-campus housing facilities for the three most recent calendar years, and to distribute fire safety policies and procedures intended to promote safety on Campus. A paper copy of the AFSR is available upon request by contacting the Housing Office by phone at 408-795-5600 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Equal Employment Statement
San José State University (SJSU) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, religion or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, or protected veteran status consistent with applicable federal and state laws. This policy applies to all SJSU students, faculty and staff programs and activities. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and certain other federal and state laws, prohibit discrimination on the basis of sex in all education programs and activities operated by the university (both on and off campus).
Advertised: February 20, 2023 (9:00 AM) Pacific Standard Time
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert