Facility Operations Auxiliary Services
Within assigned areas, maintain a clean and orderly area, in an
efficient manner, using proper methods, equipment and
Mop, scrub, sweep and vacuum floors
Empty trash, clean and restock restrooms daily
Clean water fountains daily
Other duties as assigned
Salary Range: $11.70 - $18.72 Per Hour
GGS Grade: C
Unviersiy Title: CUSTODIAN II
Internal applicants can determine their university title by
accessing the Talent Profile tile in myHR.
12:00 PM -4:00 PM
Monday-Friday; with alternating weekends.
A job offer for this position is contingent on passing a
physical examination to determine if the candidate possesses the
physical capabilities necessary to perform the essential
- Ability to read and write.
- A valid driver’s license may be required for certain
- One year of general maintenance and/or custodial experience
- Some knowledge of methods for cleaning equipment and buildings;
mechanical ability for minor repair of equipment.
- Ability on a daily basis to:
- Visualize work area and determine what tasks need to be
- Bend, squat, reach, stretch, walk, stand, sit, grasp and twist
- Climb stairs, step stools, and ladders; climb and descend
- Lift, carry, and set down objects of moderate weight (25-50
- Work may include one or more of the following:
- Working in areas of extreme temperatures
- Wearing a backpack vacuum for long periods of time
- Wearing protective mask and hearing protection devices
- Working around dust and cleaning chemicals
- Good physical coordination and mechanical aptitude sufficient
to perform assigned duties.
This position is not eligible for University benefits. Individuals
in non benefit eligible positions may choose to participate in the
Tax Deferred Annuity Plan (403b). For information about this plan,
please visit the Faculty & Staff Benefits website at http://www.umsystem.edu/totalrewards/benefits
We value the uniqueness of every individual and strive to ensure
each person’s success. Contributions from individuals with diverse
backgrounds, experiences and perspectives promote intellectual
pluralism and enable us to achieve the excellence that we seek in
learning, research and engagement. This commitment makes our
university a better place to work, learn and innovate.
In your application materials, please discuss your experiences and
expertise that support these values and enrich our missions of
teaching, research and engagement.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and
applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated
ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis
of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex,
pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression,
age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status
protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not
be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of
religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military
organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of
Homeland Security of the United States of America. For more
information, call the Director of Employee and Labor Relations at
To request ADA accommodations, please call the Director of
Accessibility and ADA at 573-884-7278.
Know Your Rights
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use
the following links: