Enrollment Counselor & Recruiter
- Lake-Sumter State College
- Florida, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Feb 19, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Student Affairs, Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar, Counseling, Financial Aid, Other Student Affairs, Student Activities & Services
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Join Us at Lake-Sumter State College
Located in the heart of Florida, Lake-Sumter State College provides students with the opportunity to pursue their goals and join Florida’s dynamic workforce. We embrace our mission as a community college to increase access and opportunity for all learners in the communities we serve.
Under the leadership of President Heather Bigard, we are embarking on a bold journey to transform the ways in which we connect and educate our students while embracing our rich history of high-quality education and personalized student support services. We currently serve over 6,500 students each year and plan to grow to over 10,000 in the next several years.
The rapid growth in the Orlando metropolitan area, and particularly in our service area of Lake and Sumter Counties, is driving growth, innovation, and workforce demand in an array of industries offering high-skill, high-wage positions. By rapidly adapting and responding to this demand, Lake-Sumter State College will continue to be the premier workforce engine driving training and education opportunities in these counties.
Lake-Sumter State College delivers student success through personal attention and flexible pathways leading to rewarding careers and higher wages. We are committed to:
- Caring about each individual student, our peers, and our community;
- Communicating to ensure clarity and transparency, and
- Collaboration, knowing that the best possible outcomes are ensured when there is a sharing of ideas.
We invite you to join us in our commitment to student success!
Reporting to the Director of Student Recruitment, the Enrollment Counselor and Recruiter supports the recruitment and enrollment efforts of Lake-Sumter State College. The Enrollment Counselor and Recruiter assists in the planning and implementing an array of recruitment strategies. They must respond effectively to potential students who may be confused or demanding. This contact requires demonstrated interpersonal, communication, and computer skills. The advisor is expected to possess extensive knowledge about the College as a whole, curriculum, program policies, procedures, and student support services.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Specifically responsible for recruitment in Sumter County and Workforce programs at the college.
- Participate in recruitment travel to high schools, community partners, and community events to promote college.
- Conduct presentations on college readiness, financial aid, and college programs in person and virtually.
- Expand awareness and separate interest in the college through highly active student recruitment tactics for traditional and adult learners.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining collaborative partnerships and relationships with local K-12 schools, as well as with business and industry partners.
- Maintain student interactions in the prospective student database.
- Assists in developing recruitment and marketing materials and recruitment summary reports.
- Provides information to prospective students regarding academic admissions requirements, admissions policies and procedures in person, in group settings, by telephone, correspondence, email, text message and virtual forums.
- Individuals in this position possess a general level of knowledge on a wide variety of topics including, college programs, degrees, certificates, financial aid, campus activities, scholarships, and continuing education opportunities.
- Meets with prospective students to provide campus tours and assist in the enrollment process.
- Assist with special events and programs as needed.
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with the admissions team, academic advisors, financial aid, early college programs, and other internal and external college stakeholders.
- Assists in processing applicable admissions and financial aid forms when needed.
- Maintain student confidentiality in accordance with FERPA regulations
- This list of essential job functions and other responsibilities is representative of those duties and responsibilities that are required of this position. However, the list is not to be considered all-inclusive. A supervisor may assign other duties and/or other duties at alternate locations to meet the mission requirements of the College, and the cooperation of all personnel is expected to carry out the mission.
Minimum Education: Associates degree from an accredited institution required.
Minimum Training / Experience: Minimum of two (2) years experience in admissions, recruitment, or college student services.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
Present a professional image in word, action and attire.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Includes regular evening and weekend work, travel, and directive counseling for individuals and groups.
Hold a valid Driver ’ s license and have their own vehicle to travel to recruitment locations.
Word processing and general computer/clerical skills.
Ability to use problem-solving skills to assess and deal with difficult situations.
Excellent customer service skills
Physical ability to operate a computer keyboard with a minimum of difficulty.
Sufficient visual acuity to read printed and typed words and/or number quickly and accurately.
Ability to receive, understand and execute oral and written instructions correctly.
Ability to work well with minimum supervision.
Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, and to deal tactfully and courteously, in person and over the telephone with coworkers, superiors, visitors and students.
Ability to maintain a friendly, cheerful and helpful manner throughout the day despite busy, sometimes hectic, work conditions.
Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert