Administrative Assistant I
College Of Education
Department Contact Email
Job Summary/Basic Function
The College of Education invites applications for a full-time
Administrative Assistant position to provide support to the Dean of
College of Education.
Essential Job Duties:
- Type, copy, collate, and proofread reports, minutes,
manuscripts, correspondence, and competent in Microsoft
Professional Office Suite.
- Proficient in the use of Banner.
- Establish and maintain files and ensure completeness and
accuracy. Create and maintain, training documents, and students’
- Open, sort, and distribute mail, prepare responses to routine
requests, and send and receive emails and faxes.
- Screen phone calls and walk-in visitors to the unit. Greet
visitors and provide information in response to inquiries when
possible and refer to other sources if necessary.
- Prepare travel arrangements for unit faculty and staff when
traveling for job-related events. Generate travel and budget
- Prepare or assist in bulk mailings, sort per postal regulations
and complete appropriate forms.
- Assist unit with coordination of work/study students.
- Distribute reports for the unit as needed to internal as well
as external stakeholders.
- Must be able to work well with others; have excellent
communication skills and always maintain a professional image.
- Maintain the highest level of FERPA compliance.
- Build presentations, flyers, brochures, and other documents as
- Process work orders for facility maintenance
- Education: Associates Degree
- Experience: 3 to 5 years of office experience in an
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Copier, Printer etc.
- Ability to work with diverse populations of stakeholders at all
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Staff - Bi-Weekly (Non Exempt)
Budgeted Annual Salary
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Teaching Philosophy