Assistant Professor and Clinical Director of Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Buena Vista University
- Iowa, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Feb 20, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Education, Counsellor Education, Curriculum & Instruction, Health & Medicine, Other Health & Medicine, Social & Behavioral Sciences, Psychology, Administrative, Student Affairs, Counseling
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Buena Vista University (BVU) invites applicants for a full-time remote position as Assistant Professor of Counseling and Clinical Director in our Clinical Mental Health Counseling (CMHC) graduate program.
The anticipated start date for the position is July 1, 2023
The Assistant Professor of Counseling and Clinical Director position is a 12-month, tenure-track position with a 30-credit hour annual workload. The Clinical Director oversees all aspects of coordinating the Clinical Mental Health Counseling practicum and internship placement, site audits, training of site supervisors, and overseeing the CACREP clinical standards.
- Serve as Clinical Director for the CMHC program.
- Teach graduate level CMHC course and develop course curriculum.
- Provide group faculty supervision for Practicum/Internship.
- Engage in faculty scholarly activity, including service and advocacy efforts
- Participate in department meetings for discussion and decision-making regarding program related issues. Provide any updates related to practicum/internship
- Serve on the admissions committee and oversee interviews for graduate applicants
- Facilitate trainings to site supervisors
- Oversee CACREP standards related to Practicum Experience including collecting required data related to practicum, site supervisors, practicum instructors, and practicum students
- Approval of graduate students to begin practicum courses, including collection of required documents, facilitation of site assignment and approval of site, distribution of necessary materials, etc.
- Coordinate and facilitate a site supervisor and orientation
- Update the Practicum and Internship Handbook annually
- Consultation with site supervisors and faculty instructors about students’ progress
- Consultation with practicum instructors at least once a month
- Perform other university and departmental duties as assigned by the program director.
- Earn Doctoral Degree in Counselor Education and Supervision from a CACREP Accredited Institution.
- Fully licensed in the state of residence and qualified for Iowa State Licensure.
- Evidence of successful experience in providing individual and/or triadic clinical supervision.
- Evidence of successful teaching experience.
- Experience with current CMHC CACREP accreditation standards and expectations.
- Online teaching experience required with strong preference to those that have taught CMHC courses.
- Commitment to inclusion, diversity, and/or social justice.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills and collegiality.
- Two or more years of college/university level teaching
- Experience supervising, mentoring, and advising students
- Experience coordinating program assessment, clinical coordination, or program coordination
- Member of Chi Sigma Iota (CSI)
- Send a letter of interest in which you describe (1) your teaching experience, (2) scholarly trajectory, (3) teaching and supervision philosophy
- Unofficial transcripts.
- Include a current curriculum vitae
- Reviews will begin February 20, 2023, and continue until the position is filled.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert