Assistant Director for Wellness
- Washburn University
- Kansas, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Feb 20, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Health & Medicine, Kinesiology, Exercise Physiology & Physical Education, Nutrition, Other Health & Medicine, Administrative, Student Affairs, Athletics, Health Services
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Position Title: Assistant Director for Wellness
Department: Employee Wellness Program
Advertised Pay: Competitive
Location: Washburn University
The screening committee will review all eligible applications submitted by March 3, 2023
Position Summary: Plan, coordinate and manage a comprehensive, theory-based wellness program for over 900 benefit-eligible Washburn University employees and students.
• Manage and guide the quality of health promotion efforts and assure the highest standards of research and business practices are maintained.
• Maintain client confidentiality.
• In coordination with Student Life and HR staff; design and implement programs and interventions based on client claims' data, health assessment results, and/or on national and regional trends in healthcare relevant to Washburn University's employee population (gender, age, ethnic mix) to include but not limited to:
Coordinate annual health screenings and health risk appraisals for participating employees.
Prepare and communicate promotions and publicity.
Conduct fitness testing and provide follow-up consultation.
Provide supervision, instruction, education and follow-up for high-risk participants.
Pro-actively interact with participants to determine appropriate goals and motivate employees towards positive, beneficial health options.
Develop, administer and/or facilitate wellness programs and activities.
• Manage wellness program accounts.
• Generate reports as necessary and develop annual strategic plan.
• Attend conferences.
• Develop and deliver presentations.
• Write and submit grants.
• Serve on University (e.g Employee Wellness Committee, Staff Council, Benefits Committee) and community committees and initiatives.
• Represent Washburn University in health advocacy interests when requested by staff.
• Perform additional job-related duties as assigned or as appropriate.
• Bachelor's Degree in Health Education, Health Promotion, Kinesiology, Recreation, Wellness, Nutrition or a related field.
• Two years of professional experience working in a comprehensive wellness program.
• Proven effective organizational, management and communication skills.
• Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of current health behavior practices and theories.
• Proven knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel and Powerpoint applications and ability to use computer programs relevant to health promotion activities (e.g. nutrition analysis software).
• Current CPR and First Aid certification (or the ability to obtain certification within 30 days of employment)
• Certified Health Coach (American Council on Exercise, American College of Sports Medicine, WELCOA, etc). or ability to obtain within 90 days of hire
• Master's Degree in Health Education, Health Promotion, Kinesiology, Recreation, Wellness, Nutrition, or a related field.
• Professional experience coordinating and implementing a comprehensive wellness program.
• Demonstrated ability to perform health/fitness assessments, screenings, consultations, and conduct seminars and programs on health and wellness topics.
• Professional certification related to degree area.
• Skills in data management, analysis and reporting.
• Experience in web page creation and management.
• Certified Health Education Specialist
• Certified Wellness Coach
• Certified Nutrition Coach
• Certified Personal Trainer
Full time Exempt Mon-Fri
Background Check Required
Washburn is an EOE and is dedicated to providing a student-centered and teaching-focused academic and work environment. We seek candidates who are committed to Washburn’s efforts to create a campus climate that fosters the growth and development of a diverse student body, and we encourage applications from members of groups that have been historically underrepresented and/or marginalized in higher education.
Washburn University provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or marital or parental status.
Washburn University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants for employment. If you are an applicant who needs a reasonable accommodation to participate in the application or interview process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 785-670-1538 at least five (5) business days in advance of the date you need the requested accommodation.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert