Assistant Director for Wellness
Employee Wellness Program
The screening committee will review all eligible applications
submitted by March 3, 2023
Plan, coordinate and manage a
comprehensive, theory-based wellness program for over 900
benefit-eligible Washburn University employees and students.
• Manage and guide the quality of health promotion efforts and
assure the highest standards of research and business practices are
• Maintain client confidentiality.
• In coordination with Student Life and HR staff; design and
implement programs and interventions based on client claims' data,
health assessment results, and/or on national and regional trends
in healthcare relevant to Washburn University's employee population
(gender, age, ethnic mix) to include but not limited to:
Coordinate annual health screenings and health risk appraisals for
Prepare and communicate promotions and publicity.
Conduct fitness testing and provide follow-up consultation.
Provide supervision, instruction, education and follow-up for
Pro-actively interact with participants to determine appropriate
goals and motivate employees towards positive, beneficial health
Develop, administer and/or facilitate wellness programs and
• Manage wellness program accounts.
• Generate reports as necessary and develop annual strategic
• Attend conferences.
• Develop and deliver presentations.
• Write and submit grants.
• Serve on University (e.g Employee Wellness Committee, Staff
Council, Benefits Committee) and community committees and
• Represent Washburn University in health advocacy interests when
requested by staff.
• Perform additional job-related duties as assigned or as
• Bachelor's Degree in Health Education, Health Promotion,
Kinesiology, Recreation, Wellness, Nutrition or a related
• Two years of professional experience working in a comprehensive
• Proven effective organizational, management and communication
• Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of current health
behavior practices and theories.
• Proven knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel and Powerpoint
applications and ability to use computer programs relevant to
health promotion activities (e.g. nutrition analysis
• Current CPR and First Aid certification (or the ability to obtain
certification within 30 days of employment)
• Certified Health Coach (American Council on Exercise, American
College of Sports Medicine, WELCOA, etc). or ability to obtain
within 90 days of hire
• Master's Degree in Health Education, Health Promotion,
Kinesiology, Recreation, Wellness, Nutrition, or a related
• Professional experience coordinating and implementing a
comprehensive wellness program.
• Demonstrated ability to perform health/fitness assessments,
screenings, consultations, and conduct seminars and programs on
health and wellness topics.
• Professional certification related to degree area.
• Skills in data management, analysis and reporting.
• Experience in web page creation and management.
• Certified Health Education Specialist
• Certified Wellness Coach
• Certified Nutrition Coach
• Certified Personal Trainer
Full time Exempt Mon-Fri
Background Check Required
Washburn is an EOE and is dedicated to providing a student-centered
and teaching-focused academic and work environment. We seek
candidates who are committed to Washburn’s efforts to create a
campus climate that fosters the growth and development of a diverse
student body, and we encourage applications from members of groups
that have been historically underrepresented and/or marginalized in
Washburn University provides equal access to and opportunity in its
programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color,
religion, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status,
or marital or parental status.
Washburn University is committed to providing reasonable
accommodations to applicants for employment. If you are an
applicant who needs a reasonable accommodation to participate in
the application or interview process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
785-670-1538 at least five (5) business days in advance of the date
you need the requested accommodation.