Assistant Director for Student Organization Engagement
- Miami University (Ohio)
- Oxford, Ohio
- $45,000 - $50,000
- Posted Date
- Feb 20, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Student Affairs, Student Activities & Services
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Job Title: Assistant Director for Student Organization Engagement Salary/Grade:
$45,000 - $50,000
Hours Per Week:
The Armstrong Student Center (ASC) holds around 3,000 events a year, employs approximately 70 student employees, and serves as the living room of the Miami University Campus. The Assistant Director for Student Organization Engagement supports the Armstrong Student Center by supporting all student organization event planning, supervising and managing an information desk that provides high quality customer service, collaborating on programming in the building, and aiding in the management of the Hodge Center for Student Engagement & Leadership. This position will work Monday - Friday with hours varying based on events and responsibilities.
The primary responsibilities of the Assistant Director are:
* Manage reservations and meet with student organizations hosting events in the Armstrong Student Center to ensure clear event setup and smooth event implementation
* Coordinate high quality customer service to guests utilizing the facility and services
* Directly supervise a diverse staff of student Ambassadors
* Assist in the management of student organization office space in the Hodge Center for Student Engagement & Leadership
* Provide leadership and professional development opportunities for student staff
* Collaborate with other Miami University departments to create programming in ASC
* Educate student organizations on ASC policies, how to reserve ASC spaces, and how to hold successful events in ASC
* Effectively communicate event details and support needs to event production staff
* Act as a liaison for event planners with Conference and Event Services, Miami University Police Department, third party vendors and Physical Facilities to coordinate services for events
* Respond to emergencies and provide support to ASC Staff, serving in an on-call role rotation
* Support and help execute Armstrong Student Center strategic initiatives
* Apply policies equitably and recognize unusual circumstances
* Other duties as required
A Bachelor's degree and 2 years of full-time professional experience in an education related field is required.
The successful candidate will have a Master's Degree in student development, higher/adult education, student personnel, or similar field and related experience by the start of their role
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Work with college aged students
* Plan and implement programs
* Provide outstanding customer service
* Communicate effectively with diverse populations verbally and in writing
* Develop and maintain effective working relationships
Miami University is committed to creating an inclusive and effective teaching, learning, research, and working environment for all.
For more information on Miami University’s diversity initiatives, please visit the Office of Institutional Diversity & Inclusion webpage. For more information on Miami University’s mission and core values, please visit the Mission and Core Values webpage.
EO/AA Statement/Clery Act:
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223.
Labor Law Posters for Applicants:
Miami University is committed to providing up-to-date information from the Department of Labor to our applicants for employment. Here, you will find links to the current information regarding the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), and the Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA).
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert