Research and Grant Development Specialist
- Florida Memorial University
- Florida, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Feb 20, 2023
A successful candidate will play an active role in FMU's existing academic success. Research and Grant Development Specialists shall have primary responsibility for supporting the CRO with administrative duties and assisting faculty members in securing grants to support their research. This role requires strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders. This customer-centric role is responsible to deliver service excellence support to meet the needs of our University community. Demonstrates the professionalism needed to handle sensitive and confidential matters.
- Assist the CRO with administrative duties, including managing schedules, organizing meetings, and preparing reports.
- Work closely with faculty members to identify resources to secure grants, including foundations, corporations, and government agencies.
- Create and maintain a funding source database for campus-wide circulation and usage.
- Collaborate with internal departments to gather information and data necessary for grant applications.
- Review and analyze grant guidelines to ensure compliance with all requirements.
- Prepare grant applications, including budgets and project timelines, and submit them to funding agencies.
- Maintain accurate records of grant applications and awards and provide regular updates to the CRO and faculty members.
- Attend grant-related workshops and conferences to stay up-to-date on industry trends and funding opportunities.
- Manage the grant review and approval process, including coordinating with internal committees and presenting applications to external funding agencies.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with external funding agencies and other stakeholders to enhance the organization's grant-winning potential.
- The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that logically relate to the position.
- Knowledge of grant application processes and regulations.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to handle information of sensitive and confidential nature in the utmost professional manner. Demonstrate a high level of professionalism, initiative, resourcefulness, and personal accountability.
- Maintain the privacy and confidentiality of information, protect the assets of the institution, act ethically and with integrity, and adhere to FMU’s Code of Conduct and policies and procedures.
- Effective analytical and decision-making skills. Excellent communication (oral and written), organizational, and time management skills. Effective interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse constituents.
- Attention to detail and adaptability to a changing environment is extremely important as well as dependability.
- Manage, prioritize, and accomplish multiple tasks/projects simultaneously in a deadline-driven environment.
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling objects of average weight up to fifty (50) pounds or standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
- Note: In compliance with the American Disabilities Act (ADA), those functions of the job which are identified essential are required to be performed with or without reasonable accommodations. Requests to facilitate the performance of essential functions will be given careful consideration.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field, such as business administration, nonprofit management, or research.
- 2+ years of experience in grant development and administration.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to perform complex tasks and prioritize multiple projects.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, database management software, and LinkedIn Learning, as well as knowledge and understanding of the organizational structure, workflow, and operating procedures. Familiar with the Jenzabar technology suite for higher education.
- Flexibility to work outside of normal business hours, and ability to maintain a flexible work schedule that may include working nights and weekends.
- Pre-Employment screening is required: criminal background check and drug testing.
We offer a competitive salary commensurate to experience. In addition to the completed application, candidates must submit a list of three professional references (at least one from a previous employer) that includes names and contact information. Review of application materials will begin ASAP and will continue until the position is filled. No phone calls, please.
Florida Memorial University is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert