Gemstone Program Management Specialist
- University of Maryland Gemstone Honors Program
- College Park, Maryland
- The salary range is $47,951/yr - $57,541/yr, commensurate with experience.
- Posted Date
- Feb 20, 2023
- Position Type
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The Gemstone Program Management Specialist manages the operations functions of the Gemstone Program including the following major areas: financial management, personnel data management, facilities liaison, campus liaison, and website maintenance. The person in this position also assists as needed with other aspects of the Gemstone Program. Must be able to work some night and weekend hours for specific events or meetings. This position reports to the Gemstone Program Associate Director.
Two years experience in administrative staff work.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Elementary knowledge of reference and research methods and techniques used in collecting, compiling, and organizing data and information; of basic methods and techniques used in organizing and conducting studies and analyses or programs, procedures, and organizations; of basic analytical and statistical principles and techniques.
- Skill in the use of office automation software and its application; in operating manual and automated office equipment.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships; to present ideas and information clearly and concisely both orally and in writing; to perform mathematical computations; to present statistical material in chart and graph form.
Except for qualifications established by law, additional related experience and formal education in which one has gained the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the work of the job class may be substituted for the education or experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
- Familiarity with university operations including living/learning programs.
- Database management (SQL), website management (Drupal), and academic software suites (Canvas, Student Information Systems, Ellucian Elevate, 25 Live).
- 2 years of relevant experience, preferably in a university setting. Relevant experience includes working in accounting/finance/procurement, payroll/HR, events planning, program management, and administration.
- Proficient in budget management, data entry.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, be highly organized, and have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects/tasks and competing obligations.
- Ability to work effectively with different university constituencies, including students, faculty, and staff.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Google (Drive and Calendar)
Work is performed in an office environment and requires the ability to operate standard office equipment and keyboards. Must have the ability to lift and small carry parcels, packages and other items, to walk short distances, and drive a vehicle to deliver and pick up materials.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert