Program Director I (Executive Education Business Developer) - (STA011831)
- University of Houston
- Texas, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Feb 18, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Education, Education Administration & Leadership, Administrative, Academic Affairs, Adult & Continuing Education Programs, Business & Administrative Affairs, Other Business & Administrative Affairs, Community Relations & Institutional Outreach, Executive, Executive Directors
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Directs an ongoing university program to ensure that prescribed activities are carried out in accordance with its mission and/or specified objectives. Prepares short- and long-term goals and objectives.
- Plans, develops and administers methods, strategies and procedures for meeting program objectives; directs and oversees the daily activities of staff members.
- Prepares and monitors the annual budget and ensures that expenditures are within budget allocation.
- Directs and coordinates personally, or through subordinate personnel, activities concerned with carrying out the objectives of the program.
- Directs the preparation of and reviews reports and records of activities to ensure progress is being accomplished toward specified program objectives; modifies or changes methodology as required to redirect activities and attains objectives.
- Analyzes trends within program areas, maintaining expert awareness of program information and change needs.
- Formulates, implements, and maintains appropriate policies and procedures concerning program administration.
- Manages and administers grant for program, including meetings, communication coordination, scholarships and other operations.
- May prepare or participate in the preparation of proposals to obtain grants from state and federal agencies, and private foundation sponsors.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelors and 3 years experience
Education: Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed. Experience: Requires a minimum of three (3) years of directly job-related experience.
Additional Posting Info
- Position may be eligible for Alternative Work Arrangements (AWA)
- Build Executive Educations network of corporate clients through strategic outreach.
- Generate awareness and demand for Bauer’s Executive Education programs
- Identify and research potential clients
- Develop and maintain client relationships
- Gather useful information from customer and competitor data
- Make and give presentations to prospective clients and internal executives
- Track, identify, and add qualified prospects to salesforce
- Develop and manage strategic partnerships to grow business
- Conduct ongoing market research
- Contribute to co-marketing campaigns
- Experience in higher education preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in customer acquisition and selling preferred.
- Ability to work under daily/weekly deadlines in a fast-changing work environment.
- A proven track record of hitting sales targets.
- Credibility in selling at all levels and evidence of building strong relationships.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert