2023/2024 Adjunct Lecturer - Instructional Design
- SUNY Brockport
- New York, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Feb 17, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Education, Instructional Technology & Design
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Part Time
2023/2024 Adjunct Lecturer - Instructional Design
Job no: 496505
SUNY Budget Title: Adjunct Lecturer
Work type: Temporary part time
Location: Brockport, NY
Department: Education and Human Development
Categories: Faculty & Libraries
Located in Western New York, State University of New York (SUNY) Brockport is a nationally recognized and accredited public institution with competitive state health insurance and retirement plan options. SUNY Brockport also includes Brockport Downtown and sponsors the Rochester Educational Opportunity Center (REOC), both located in Rochester, NY. We are an inclusive employee-oriented university. Be yourself and start your career here. Help us build a better Brockport! Job Summary: SUNY Brockport is seeking applicants for anticipated part-time adjunct faculty openings in the Department of Education & Human Development.
- Master's degree in Instructional or Learning Design by time of appointment from a college or university accredited by the U.S. Department of Education or an internationally recognized college or university.
- Demonstrated technology background, including but not limited to basic programming, web authoring and designing software, graphics and/or video editing, multiple modalities, or Learning Management Systems.
- Teaching experience in at least one online ID course of any level.
- Minimum of three years of fully online teaching experience, preferably in asynchronous modalities.
- Demonstration of innovative learning solutions and strategies, preferably game-based techniques, and multiple simulations.
- Demonstration of applications of core instructional design principles and processes, in particular ID models and theories.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Dedication to student learning and use of learner-centered approach.
- Ph.D. in Instructional or Learning Design, OR completion of all course work for said Ph.D. combined with a Master's or Bachelor's in any Technology related field, including Instructional or Learning Design Technology from a college or university accredited by the U.S. Department of Education or an internationally recognized college or university.
- Teaching experience in at least one, online advanced level ID course.
- Minimum of three years of experience teaching online, preferably for fully asynchronous modalities.
- Experience using technology for education, including but not limited to using multiple modalities, Learning Management Systems, and full cycle Instructional Systems Design.
- Excellent demonstration of innovative learning solutions and strategies, preferably game-based techniques, and multiple simulations.
- Excellent demonstration of applications of core instructional design principles and processes, in particular ID models and theories.
Application Instructions: Visit jobs.hr.brockport.edu to complete an application including your cover letter that addresses required and preferred qualifications, resume/CV, and contact information for three professional references.
Background Investigation Statement:
All applicants are subject to a pre-employment background check. Pre-Employment Drug Testing:
Pre-employment drug test and DOT physical may be required for positions requiring a valid Class A or B CDL driver's license with passenger endorsement.
New York State Executive Order:
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer:
SUNY Brockport does not discriminate. SUNY Brockport is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. The University is committed to fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff, and students, as well as ensuring equal educational opportunity, employment, and access to services, programs, and activities, without regard to an individual's race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, familial status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, domestic violence victim status, or criminal conviction. Employees, students, applicants or other members of the university community (including but not limited to vendors, visitors, and guests) may not be subjected to harassment that is prohibited by law, or treated adversely or retaliated against based upon a protected characteristic.
SUNY Brockport is committed to creating and maintaining an equitable environment that welcomes, values, and supports individuals and communities who affirm human dignity. The University provides opportunities for engagement, learning, growth, and transformation to foster a diverse, equitable, and inclusive institution.
SUNY Brockport is an AA/EEO/ADA employer. The University actively seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would enrich the diversity of the University.
To apply, visit https://jobs.hr.brockport.edu/cw/en-us/job/496505/20232024-adjunct-lecturer-instructional-design
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert