Department of Emergency Medicine in the School of Medicine at the
University of Missouri-KC (UMKC)
The goal of the UMKC School of Medicine is to provide clinical
screening and education for Our Healthy Jackson County health fair
events serving Kansas City. The UMKC School of Medicine goals are
to engage medical students to:
- Volunteer for community events that serve faith-based, youth,
URM and neighborhood events in Jackson County
- Provide support for health and wellness by screening for and
educating clients on hypertension, diabetes, oral health screening
and STIs with other UMKC professional students
- Help to schedule linkage to care for any clients with positive
results with University Health and other participating clinics
- Provide a Walk with a Doc table to present walking for exercise
and setting walking goals for health
- Be trained and provide education and support for vaccine
- Provide licensed clinical oversight for clinical screening
events at OHJC events on up to two events each month
- Assist medical students with STI screening, obtaining consent
and the process to collect urine samples
- Train and assist medical students on STI and HIV education
- Provide clinical oversight for patients that screen positive at
the hypertension, diabetes screening sites (in coordination with
Drs. Ellison and Isom)
- Deliver clinical samples to the UH Laboratory
- Help obtain clinical STI results for patients, assist with call
backs for follow-up and treatment with our clinical partners.
- Call-in prescriptions for STI treatment for positive results
utilizing the treatment protocol. (only when follow-up cannot be
- Work with our clinical partners on protocols and to provide
- Work with our clinical partners for Well Women Examinations at
participating clinical partners.
- Maintain a password protected database of STI results,
follow-up and treatments.
- Maintain client educational materials for patients in English
- Communicate with our funded Clinical Administrative Assistant
to send certified letters of results when we cannot reach patients
- Assist with managing our educational curriculum and educating
our medical students.
- Provide training for our medical students to collect samples,
provide community education and monitor training materials.
- Assist with scheduling of the Walk with a Doc student training
- Maintain the SignUp Genius and work with the UMKC Education
Administrative Assistant to share educational materials with
- Communicate with community sites for educational and service
- Maintain medical student and patient data in Excel spreadsheets
where needed and share information when requested by the main OHJC
- Meet weekly with the UMKC SOM OHJC team to plan upcoming
events, place order on necessary training, testing items and
- Attend weekly grant meetings.
- Help manage incentive cash amounts provided at events and
dropped off at clinical partner sites.
Minimum Qualifications for Clinical Research
- Maintain a password protected database of results, calls,
treatment and follow-up information.
- Maintain follow-up and treatment results from our clinical
- Provide reports as needed on results to the OHJC Research
- Opportunity to present and publish.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing or equivalent
At least 2 years of clinical experience in an ambulatory
Minimum Qualifications for Senior Research Specialist:
Master’s of Science in Nursing
At least 2 years of clinical experience in an ambulatory
Community engagement and research experience desirable.
Full Time/Part Time
This is a Part-time 25% FTE position funded for at least 14
Salary range is $44-$47 hour
Open until filled
To be considered, you must complete the application which contains
two (2) sections: 1. Name and Contact Information 2. Combine all
application materials (a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, a
list of at least five references) into one PDF or Microsoft Word
document and upload as a resume attachment.
Limit document name to 50 characters. Maximum size limit is 11MB.
Do not include special characters (e.g., /,&, %, etc.).
If you are experiencing technical problems, please email
For questions about the position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
including the Job Identification number 45806 and name of the
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and
applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated
ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis
of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex,
pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression,
age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status
protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not
be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of
religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military
organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of
Homeland Security of the United States of America. For more
information, call the Vice Chancellor - Human Resources at
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the duties and functions of this job. If
you believe you may have difficulty performing any of the duties or
functions of this job, please contact the Office of Affirmative
Action at (816) 235-1323.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use
the following links:
UMKC Statement on Diversity
University of Missouri System Values Commitment
We value the uniqueness of every individual and strive to ensure
each person’s success. Contributions from individuals with diverse
backgrounds, experiences and perspectives promote intellectual
pluralism and enable us to achieve the excellence that we seek in
learning, research and engagement. This commitment makes our
university a better place to work, learn and innovate.
In your application materials, please discuss your experiences and
expertise that support these values and enrich our missions of
teaching, research and engagement.