Research Assistant III
- San Diego State University
- California, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Feb 17, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Academic Affairs, Research Administration
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Research Assistant III
Req No: 2023-15084
Type: Full-Time Contract
Salary: $16.30 - 31.78 per hour
The unit is a research laboratory directed by Dr. Richard Cripps and located in the BioScience Center at SDSU. The research group aims to understand the molecular mechanisms of muscle development using the Drosophila model system. Research activities extend from cell and molecular biological approaches, to genetics, genomics and CRISPR.
This position will focus upon supporting research in insect muscle development.
Using molecular techniques that include isolation and purification of DNA and RNA, DNA-amplification and mutagenesis, molecular cloning, generation of transgenic animals, cryosectioning of transgenic animals, immunohistochemistry and in situ hybridization on sections; cell culture handling; and performing experiments using biochemical techniques such as in-gel separation of DNA and proteins, EMSA, Western blotting, preparation of protein extracts and affinity purification of proteins.
The Research Assistant III is responsible for but not limited to:
Core Responsibilities 95%
- Perform supervised research, aimed at generating data suitable for presentation in peer-reviewed journals.
- Assist on an ad hoc basis with basic research tasks, as assigned.
- Help maintain and oversee laboratory stocks and solutions.
- Maintain laboratory stocks; arrange for equipment repairs.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Other Duties as Assigned 5%
Core Knowledge and Abilities
Technical assignments at this level typically require scientific knowledge and skills which might be expected from incumbents at the college “upper division” or graduate level or from incumbents who have acquired equivalent knowledge and skills through experience.
Additional Applicant Information
- The COVID-19 vaccine is required by the CSU for all SDSU Research Foundation employees as a condition of employment. Should you be offered a position, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination status. Individuals who obtain an approved medical or religious exemption on file will be required to complete regular COVID-19 testing.
- A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with SDSU Research Foundation.
- San Diego State University Research Foundation is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer.
To apply, visit https://careers-sdsurf.icims.com/jobs/15084/research-assistant-iii/job?in_iframe=1
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert