- Dartmouth College
- New Hampshire, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Feb 17, 2023
Open Until Filled
Department this Position Reports to
Technology Transfer Office
Hiring Range Minimum
Hiring Range Maximum
Not an SEIU Position
Regular Full Time
Scheduled Months per Year
Scheduled Hours per Week
Department expects incumbent to work onsite 3 days a week (with some flexibility) initially and increasing to at least 4 days a week by Fall 2023
Location of Position
Remote Work Eligibility?
Is this a term position?
If yes, length of term in months.
Is this a grant funded position?
Reporting to the Director, the Department Coordinator ensures the smooth and efficient operation of the Office of Technology Transfer ( TTO ), providing high-level support to the TTO and the Director; managing communications with office staff, administrators and faculty at Dartmouth and with industry and government representatives, coordinating programs, and supporting licensing and business development of Dartmouth intellectual property.
Our mission is to transfer Dartmouth technology to benefit the world, attract and retain world-class faculty and researchers, and generate and distribute revenue by commercializing Dartmouth technology. Home | Dartmouth TTO
Required Qualifications - Education and Yrs Exp
Bachelors plus 6 or more years' experience or combination of education and experience
Required Qualifications - Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Six years of administrative experience in roles with increasing levels of autonomy and responsibility.
- In-depth knowledge of office procedures.
- Proven ability to work successfully both as an individual contributor and as part of a team.
- Must have excellent organizational and project management skills as well as the ability to multitask.
- Demonstrated skill in problem-solving, decision-making, and trouble shooting.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and knowledge of computer databases and electronic communications software; ability and initiative to learn new systems and programs.
- Demonstrated writing and proofreading skills.
- Ability to generate content and
- Ability or willingness and capability to learn to update web pages, manage social media applications and postings.
- Must be detail oriented with a high degree of accuracy.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with a wide range of constituencies both on- and off-campus.
- Tact, professionalism, and demonstrated experience in handling highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Experience in an academic environment.
- Familiarity with researchers or inventors and/or patent or legal matters
Kim Rosenfield, Director
Department Contact Phone Number
Department Contact for Cover Letter and Title
Kim Rosenfield, Director
Department Contact's Phone Number
Equal Opportunity Employer
Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other legally protected status. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.
Employment in this position is contingent upon consent to and successful completion of a pre-employment background check, which may include a criminal background check, reference checks, verification of work history, and verification of any required academic credentials, licenses, and/or certifications, with results acceptable to Dartmouth College. A criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Is driving a vehicle (e.g. Dartmouth vehicle or off road vehicle, rental car, personal car) an essential function of this job?
Not an essential function
Special Instructions to Applicants
All Dartmouth College employees, whether working on-site or remotely, are required to be up to date with vaccination against COVID -19 (or to have received an approved exemption from vaccination through the Office of Institutional Diversity and Equity). Please visit https://dartgo.org/vaxpolicy for details. Compliance with this requirement is a condition of employment. Failure to meet this condition of employment within the first 30 days may result in Dartmouth in its sole discretion ending employment.
Dartmouth College has a Tobacco-Free Policy. Smoking and the use of tobacco-based products (including smokeless tobacco) are prohibited in all facilities, grounds, vehicles or other areas owned, operated or occupied by Dartmouth College with no exceptions. For details, please see our policy. https://policies.dartmouth.edu/policy/tobacco-free-policy
Coordination and Administrative Management for Dartmouth’s Technology Transfer Office ( TTO )- Serves as the first point of contact for the TTO and manages and triages communications received by the TTO .
- Assists in coordinating and implementing tech transfer initiatives and projects.
- Manages the TTO calendar; tracks and monitors deadlines and pending items and follows up with appropriate contacts to ensure consistent and efficient workflow and completion of tasks in a timely manner; anticipates and proactively manages preparation and follow-up for meetings, events, and programs.
- Participates in staff and business development meetings, takes minutes, and ensures timely and accurate dissemination of information and follow up.
- Provides support for business development, industry engagement, and various technology transfer transactions, which may include assisting the Business Development and Licensing Managers and Finance Manager in finding and tracking information to support patents, agreements, and reports relating to technology transfer, reviewing agreements and agreement summaries to ensure consistency, and communicating with inventors and law firms. Works with the tech transfer database and supports the Finance Manager in ensuring data integrity, inputting data and creating reports.
- Manages office space issues, operating supplies, and is responsible for office technology including zoom meetings, AV, and other.
Outreach and Communications - Works with the TTO team to develop and implement outreach to internal and external constituents, coordinating with counterparts in the Office of Entrepreneurship and Technology Transfer and various other Dartmouth administrative and academic departments.
- Assists in preparing and designing communications materials, develop and manages the Technology Transfer website and social media accounts in collaboration with others for technical content; works with the Magnuson Center and other partners to highlight inventors and entrepreneurs in the Dartmouth community and collaborates with campus partners to develop content aimed at under-served groups to promote diversity and inclusion in technology transfer.
Support to the Director – Provides administrative support to the Director
- Schedules meetings and managing a complex calendar
- Anticipates and proactively manages Director’s meeting and event preparation and follow-up, travel arrangements and follow-up
- Assists the Director in preparing communications and reports.
Demonstrates a commitment to diversity, inclusion, and cultural awareness through actions, interactions, and communications with others.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Talent Acquisition Consultant
- American Library Association
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Chronicle of Philanthropy
- Dartmouth College Employment Website
- Internal Employee Referral (Please specify full name below)
- Higher Ed Jobs
- Inside Higher Ed Jobs
- National Black MBA Association
- Recruit Military
- Valley News
- Other (Please specify below)
- If you answered, 'Internal Employee Referral' or 'Other' to the
above question, please specify here:
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert