Anticipating future needs for the college, we are accepting
resumes for Department Support positions. Please indicate on your
resume or cover letter if you are looking for full or part time. We
will reach out to qualified candidates as openings become
Named the 19th Best Community College in the U.S. in 2021, Muskegon
offers accredited academic programs leading to 54 associate degrees
and 32 certificates. As an Achieving the Dream College, MCC’s
nationally recognized commitment to student success unites its
faculty and staff in their mission to prepare students, build
communities and improve lives.
One of Michigan’s most picturesque community colleges, the Muskegon
main campus building - an award-winning Alden Dow design - spans
Four Mile Creek on a 15-acre sylvan setting. The campus boasts
several new multimillion-dollar facilities - the Health and
Wellness Center, the Science Center and the Art and Music Building
- and includes University Park Golf Course and the Carr-Fles
Planetarium. The Sturrus Technology Center in historic downtown
Muskegon is home to state-of-the-art applied technology offerings,
the Rooks|Sarnicola Entrepreneur Center and the Lakeshore Fab Lab.
MCC offers classes in adjacent Ottawa and Newaygo Counties.
Muskegon Community College provides excellent benefits options.
Full time employee benefit options include:
- Three health plan options (includes a high deductible plan with
a health savings account currently under $40 a pay period for
family premium cost).
- Free dental, vision, life insurance and long term disability
- Retirement plans including state Pension or 14% MCC Retirement
Contribution to TIAA (differs by group).
- Voluntary retirement savings plan options (403b or 457
- Tuition benefits at MCC for you and your eligible
- Generous paid time off plans.
- Paid holidays and holiday closure period in late December.
- Onsite Fitness Center at the Main Campus & discounts to
University Park Golf Course
$16.06 to $18.68 Depending on
Q ualifications: Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Associate’s Degree or 3 years’ office/customer service
- Demonstrated ability to relate to people of all ages, races,
and social-economic backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to operate office technology, software,
& equipment. Establishing yourself as the “go to” person with
all equipment and software.
- Ability and willingness to upgrade skills including technology
or process changes.
- Ability to mentor, coach and work with student workers/interns
while setting a good example by demonstrating professional
workplace behavior and work ethics.
- Demonstrated ability to create a warm, welcoming environment to
students, parents, faculty/staff and community members especially
during busy/chaotic times.
- Demonstrated use of tact, judgment and discretion and the
ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a successful team while
accomplishing tasks and assignments without assistance, even while
- Highly motivated and solution oriented with a high degree of
integrity, ethics and dedication to the mission of the
- Demonstrated excellence in both oral and written communication
- Requires prolonged sitting or standing, keyboarding and work on
computer (hand/eye strain), speaking in English via phone or in
- Strong knowledge of grammar, punctuation and writing techniques
with the ability to produce malleable documents.
Physical, Mental, and Environment Requirements
- Receive telephone calls, provide information and refer callers
to the proper staff members, take messages; answer inquiries
requiring a knowledge of procedure and departmental operations;
exercise discretion in giving information.
- Set up and maintain accurate and organized office – including
file systems, office supplies, and inventories as appropriate and
within allocated budget
- Type all correspondence for the department staff, and/or others
assigned. Including but not limited to letters, reports, syllabi,
schedules and forms while arranging into appropriate format;
prepare bulk class materials.
- Update department communications including but not limited to
bulletin boards, digital displays, department website and MyMCC
- Make arrangements for regularly scheduled meetings, and all
planning for conferences/events/tours as needed. Notify conferees,
arrange meeting place, and making certain that all arrangements are
made for food service and other details such as AV equipment,
communication, agendas, etc. Take minutes as necessary.
- Reconcile and process travel requests, purchase orders and
expense reports for department.
- Prepare purchase orders and obtain necessary supplies and
instructional materials required for the department. Pick up
supplies and materials from the Library, Stockroom, Bookstore, etc.
- Provide information to students or College staff members
concerning faculty office or conference hours. Set up and maintain
individual faculty schedules when requested.
- Prepare accurate faculty load sheets for full-time and adjunct
instructors; acquire instructor and chair signatures and deliver to
- Coordinate all instructors’ requests for equipment. Assist with
delivery & pickup of materials to the testing center.
- Pick up and distribute mail to the department.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
☒ Detailed Work
☒ Student Contact
☐ Deadline oriented
☒ Problem Situations
☒ Multiple Priorities & Demands
☒ Emergency Situations
☐ On-call Availability
☒ Continual Interruptions
☒ Working Alone
☒ Faculty Contact
☒ Working with Others
☒ Standing & Walking
☐ Lifting up to 10 lbs. ☒ Up to 25 lbs. ☐ Up to 50 lbs. ☐ 80 +
☐ Pushing, Pulling, Twisting, Bending
☐ Climb or Balance
☐ Stoop, Kneel, Crouch, or Crawl
☐ Handle or Feel
☒ Reach with Hands and Arms
☒ Talking or hearing
☐ Working Overhead
☒ Speak in English via Phone or In Person
☐ Close, Distance, Peripheral, and Color Vision along with Depth
☒ Ability to Adjust and Focus
☐ Exposure to wet, humid conditions (non-weather), fumes or
airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme heat/cold;
and moderate to loud noise levels.
☒ Normal Office environment with little, if, any, discomfort due to
heat, dust, noise and the like. Ability to travel to all campus
Michigan, United States