- San Jose State University
- California, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Feb 16, 2023
Under the direction of the Associate Dean, College of Professional and Global Education, and receiving work lead direction from the Associate Director of PACE Operations; the Program Manager develops, implements, and evaluates courses and programs for Summer session, Winter session and Open University. The Program Manager manages all aspects of the program offerings, including operations, marketing strategies, financial feasibility and viability. The incumbent supports the Associate Dean in developing a sound plan for operational directions to meet the SJSU and CSU policies and procedures.
The Program Manager helps ensure the effective application of technologies to deliver courses and programs in innovative and engaging ways. The incumbent plays a pivotal role in supporting departments with the development of courses, program outreach to students and communities, and supporting the Chancellor and Provost’s established and new initiatives.
- Manage operations of the Summer, Winter Intersession and Open University
- Collaborate with academic departments on campus to manage course scheduling for intersession and faculty appointments
- Manage the establishment of registration and payment procedures each semester for the assigned programs
- Evaluate program delivery, interpret and apply applicable policies and procedures, make recommendations for changes to meet the guidelines
- Engage with IESA and other campus partners to create and disseminate reports for targeted audience outreach
- Administer student requests, e.g., add, drop, financial petitions and provide feedback and recommendation for improvements
- Perform policy research and analysis of current guidelines to provide recommendations for changes or new processes
- Organize departmental events for webinars, info sessions, etc
- Ability to determine needs for new and current programs, including assessment of quality and viability of programs
- Knowledge of the policies, procedures and practices in academic and professional programs planning
- Knowledge of a variety of communication mediums (e.g., digital marketing, websites, social media) to promote programs and programs
- Knowledge and understanding of budget models
- Equivalent to graduation from a four-year college or university, preferably with courses in adult education and curriculum planning
- Equivalent to three years of experience in planning classes and curriculum for higher or extended education programs and including developing resources, budgets, marketing plans and liaison with the community
- Master's degree in a related field
- Two-year minimum experience in managing projects with at least one year as the lead or primary project manager
- Experience in planning course offerings for higher education
- Knowledge of database management tools (e.g., PeopleSoft, OnBase, CRM, web conferencing); experience in providing software applications guidance
- Knowledge and the ability to quickly learn database(s) to access information, run, and develop reports for data-driven decision-making
- Working knowledge of a variety of communication mediums (e.g., digital marketing, websites, social media) to promote programs and programs
Classification: Extended Education Specialist II
Anticipated Hiring Range: $6,305/month - $6,667/month
CSU Salary Range: $5,732/month - $8,176/month
San José State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package typically worth 30-35% of your base salary. For more information on programs available, please see the Employee Benefits Summary .
Click Apply Now to complete the SJSU Online Employment Application and attach the following documents:
- Letter of Interest
CSU Vaccination Policy
The CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus (including all booster doses of an approved vaccine for which an individual is eligible per current CDC recommendations) or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. As a condition of employment, any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement as well as with other safety measures established on the campus. The system wide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to email@example.com .
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. SJSU will issue a contingent offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was offered the position on a contingent basis.
The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. Some positions may also require fingerprinting. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (e.g. H1-B VISAS)
All San José State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment. Incumbent is also required to promptly report any knowledge of a possible Title IX related incident to the Title IX Office or report any discrimination, harassment, and/or retaliation to the Office of Equal Opportunity.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act and Campus Housing Fire Safety Notification:
Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the Annual Security Report (ASR) is also now available for viewing at https://www.sjsu.edu/clery/docs/SJSU-Annual-Security-Report.pdf. The ASR contains the current security and safety-related policy statements, emergency preparedness and evacuation information, crime prevention and Sexual Assault prevention information, and information about drug and alcohol prevention programming. The ASR also contains statistics of Clery crimes for San José State University locations for the three most recent calendar years. A paper copy of the ASR is available upon request by contacting the Office of the Clery Director by phone at 408-924-1501 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Pursuant to the Higher Education Opportunity Act, the Annual Fire Safety Report (AFSR) is also available for viewing at https://www.sjsu.edu/clery/docs/SJSU-Annual-Fire-Safety-Report.pdf . The purpose of this report is to disclose statistics for fires that occurred within SJSU on-campus housing facilities for the three most recent calendar years, and to distribute fire safety policies and procedures intended to promote safety on Campus. A paper copy of the AFSR is available upon request by contacting the Housing Office by phone at 408-795-5600 or by email at email@example.com .
Equal Employment Statement
San José State University (SJSU) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, religion or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, or protected veteran status consistent with applicable federal and state laws. This policy applies to all SJSU students, faculty and staff programs and activities. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and certain other federal and state laws, prohibit discrimination on the basis of sex in all education programs and activities operated by the university (both on and off campus).
Advertised: February 16, 2023 (9:00 AM) Pacific Standard Time
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert