Posting Detail Information
House Supervisor - Part-Time Flex
Internal Position Title
House Supervisor - Part-Time Flex
James Lumber Ctr/Performing Art
The Part-Time Flex House Supervisor is an integral part of the team
at The James Lumber Center for Performing Arts ( JLC ). The JLC’s
mission is to present high-quality, professional entertainment
experiences, celebrate and showcase the variety and value of the
performing arts and provide support to college and community
programs, activities and educational events held in our facility.
The JLC is committed to the principles of access, inclusion,
diversity and equity in our center partnerships, department
staffing, facility scheduling, artistic programming and
The person in this role is responsible for the coordination and
staff supervision of front of house operations during events, such
as usher and concession event support, event lobby activities such
as autographs, meet and greets and receptions. This position will
work with a wide variety of community members, staff, faculty and
students. This is a collaborative position, providing an immersive
experience in Front of House performance support.
If you are a lover of live performances, you will have the
opportunity to experience many amazing shows while working in a
supportive and creative environment!
1. High School diploma or equivalent.
2. Previous work experience that includes either customer service
and/or front of house experience in a performing arts environment
(dance, music or theater).
3. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
4. Strong organizational skills with attention to details.
5. Computer experience with Microsoft Word.
1. Previous house management experience in a performing arts
2. Knowledge and professional exposure to facility
3. Previous supervisory experience.
4. Bilingual in Spanish and English.
Expected Start Date
Special Instructions Summary
Total Hours per week
Up to 19 (depending upon event schedule.)
Weekend and evening hours for events and occasional weekday hours
for school shows. Hours dependent on event schedule.
Software Testing Required
Interview Process Requirements
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has
a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad
spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with
Summary of Essential Functions
1. Supervise front of house part-time flex staff and student
workers during performances and activities, including outside
rentals and in-house events as required; to attend to patron
concerns; to respond to CLC departmental, guest artist and rental
needs associated with performances; and to serve as a liaison with
other CLC departments (Health Services, CLC Police, Facilities) in
order to communicate front of house concerns during events.
2. Identify, train and assist front of house PT Flex personnel for
performances and events including ushers, greeters, coast room and
3. Assist with the special needs of in-house, touring and rental
groups during events, such as concessions, disability access,
4. Submit required front of house reports, including incident
reports, event activity reports, house counts, etc.
5. Assist with the distribution of promotional materials for
performances, including playbills, flyers, audience comment and
survey cards, and other materials as approved by the Patron Service
Coordinator or Executive Director.
6. Open concession sales with cash bank, review reconciliation at
completion of sales, and ensure that cash bank and revenue are
correct, labeled and deposited in the box office safe after
7. Perform other duties as assigned.
Posting Specific Questions - supplemental questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a high school diploma or equivalent?
- * Do you have previous work experience including either
customer service and/or front of house experience in a performing
arts environment (dance, music or theater)?
- * Do you have previous house management experience in a
performing arts venue?
- * Do you have the knowledge and professional exposure to
- * Are you bilingual in Spanish and English?
- Cover Letter