Campus Security Officer (Fredericksburg)
- Germanna Community College
- Virginia, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Feb 16, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Safety & Security
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Part Time
Campus Security Officer (Fredericksburg)
Work Location: Fredericksburg - 630
Hiring Range: $15.75.-$17.76 per hour, state benefits do not apply
Full Time or Part Time: Part Time
Germanna Community College is a two-year public institution of higher education in the Virginia Community College System. As a comprehensive community college, Germanna provides quality, accessible, and affordable educational opportunities for the residents of the City of Fredericksburg and the counties of Caroline, Culpeper, King George, Madison, Orange, Spotsylvania and Stafford.
Purpose of Position: To assist in supporting the department's police / security program at all Germanna Community College locations, but specifically to the Fredericksburg Area Campus location. To provide safety and security to students, faculty and staff in a professional, courteous manner through proactive foot and vehicle patrols, positive community engagement, and use of modern crime prevention techniques. To maintain order and uphold the image and respect of the department and the college through enforcement of college policies and procedures. Position is required to work shift work (24 hour scheduling/ Essential Personnel) and may be assigned to any of the college locations. Incumbent must be able to maintain quality customer service and practice effective interpersonal communication skills while utilizing conflict resolution methods.
Duties: Duties will include meeting the Organizational Objectives, Purpose of the Position, Licensure, Education, Experience and Certification as stated above, as well as patrolling campus buildings and grounds; enforcing campus safety and security regulations; inspecting designated areas on a routine basis; maintain reports and logs and other duties as required. Individuals must be available daily for any two of three shifts at any location during the month.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are core values of Germanna Community College. We recognize our responsibility to create, maintain, and nurture an academic and social environment that respects the diversity of people and ideas. We are committed to being an inclusive community that respects all cultures, experiences, and abilities and that prepares individuals to thrive in a global society.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or on the basis of disability. Germanna is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.
Germanna is a federal contractor requesting priority referrals of protected veterans for our job opportunities.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting Johnathan Scheiterle by phone at 540-423-9056 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to see a copy of our Affirmative Action Plan please contact Barbara Hall by phone at 540-834-1067 or by email email@example.com.
May be required to perform other duties as assigned. May be required to assist the agency or state government generally in the event of an emergency declaration by the Governor.
- Considerable working knowledge of statute enforcement; safety and security concepts, principles, procedures and techniques
- Working knowledge of customer service practices and principles
- Demonstrated skills in the use of security vehicles, communication equipment, alarm systems, and other types of security equipment
- Demonstrated ability to follow and give oral and written instructions, meet physical demands of the position, to react appropriately in routine and emergency situations
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with a diverse population, to gather information and write factual reports, and to explain and ensure compliance with policies, rules, and regulations
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement security policies and procedures
- Ability to obtain and maintain certification as a campus security officer as mandated by the Virginia Department of Criminal Justice Services (DCJS)
- Previous experience or training in public safety operations
- First Aid, CPR and AED training certification
- Valid Virginia Driver’s License with clean driving history, graduation from High School or equivalent
- Knowledge of police/security “best practices” and OSHA standards
- DCJS Certification as a Campus Security Officer, or knowledge/experience in the security field
- Law Enforcement/Security experience in a public service community or policing oriented organization
- Have basic skills in the operation of personal computers, records management systems, and understanding of NIMS/ICS
Posting Number: WGE1091P
Job Close Date: 3/31/2023
Open Until Filled:
To apply, visit https://jobs.vccs.edu/postings/53033
The Virginia Community College System, an EEO employer, welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds and recognizes the benefits of a diverse workforce. Therefore, the VCCS is committed to providing a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. We prohibit discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, mental or physical disabilities, political affiliation, veteran status, gender identity, or other non-merit factors.
The VCCS is an EOE and Affirmative Action Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Acts (ADA and ADAAA), VCCS will provide, if requested, reasonable accommodation to applicants in need of access to the application, interviewing and selection processes.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert