Reference and Instruction Librarian
- Georgian Court University
- New Jersey, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Feb 16, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Education, Other Education, Professional Fields, Library & Information Sciences, Administrative, Academic Affairs, Librarians & Library Administration, Other Academic Affairs, Business & Administrative Affairs, Other Business & Administrative Affairs
- Employment Type
- Part Time
- This is a part-time, 12 month position supporting the Sister
Mary Joseph Cunningham Library’s reference services and information
literacy instruction program. The incumbent will work as part of
our team of librarians to provide outstanding reference services
and engaging library instruction to our students, faculty, and
staff, while maintaining effective library operations. In addition
to these responsibilities, the incumbent will be responsible for
collection development and being the library liaison to academic
programs as assigned. Reports to the Director of Library
- Provide reference service assistance to library users in finding and evaluating library materials and relevant resources on a regular daytime schedule (taking place 9 – 5, Monday through Friday), including occasional evening and weekend hours.
- Provide specialized research assistance to faculty and students in designated areas.
- Participate in the development of policy and procedures as a member of the library reference team.
- Participate in the library’s information literacy instruction program, providing engaging library instruction, both online and face-to-face, to first year students as well as students in designated program areas as assigned.
- Assist in the planning and development of the library’s information literacy program.
- Collaborate with faculty to integrate information literacy skills into their courses.
- Develop research guides and tutorial materials using Camtasia and Springshare’s LibGuides product.
- Collaborate with the university’s team of librarians on innovative ways to promote library resources and services.
- Act as a liaison librarian for designated academic program areas to acquire materials in all formats.
- Work with our collection development team to build the library’s physical and digital collections.
- Work with our team of librarians and library staff to create data gathering instruments and generate reports to assist with library assessment.
- Participate in University committee service and Faculty Assembly.
- Engage in professional development and other professional activities as appropriate.
- Participate in library-wide planning, budgeting, reporting, and evaluation activities.
- Serve on administrative teams and campus committees.
- Participate in strategic planning.
- Engage in professional development, research, and scholarly activity.
- Integrate the core values of respect, integrity, compassion, justice and service into all aspects of interaction.
- Perform other duties as needed to maintain effective library operations and support student success.
- An MLS, or other master's degree from a program accredited by the American Library Association or from a program accredited in a country with a formal accreditation process as identified by ALA’s Human Resource Development and Recruitment Office.
- Experience with library information literacy instruction and reference services preferred.
- Ability to work well independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Knowledge of library resources and services.
- Proficiency in Windows applications and Microsoft Office.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Collection development experience preferred.
- Familiarity with LibGuides, Camtasia, and course management systems preferred.
- Experience in an academic library preferred.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert