- This is a part-time, 12 month position supporting the Sister
Mary Joseph Cunningham Library’s reference services and information
literacy instruction program. The incumbent will work as part of
our team of librarians to provide outstanding reference services
and engaging library instruction to our students, faculty, and
staff, while maintaining effective library operations. In addition
to these responsibilities, the incumbent will be responsible for
collection development and being the library liaison to academic
programs as assigned. Reports to the Director of Library
- Provide reference service assistance to library users in
finding and evaluating library materials and relevant resources on
a regular daytime schedule (taking place 9 – 5, Monday through
Friday), including occasional evening and weekend hours.
- Provide specialized research assistance to faculty and students
in designated areas.
- Participate in the development of policy and procedures as a
member of the library reference team.
Information Literacy Instruction
- Participate in the library’s information literacy instruction
program, providing engaging library instruction, both online and
face-to-face, to first year students as well as students in
designated program areas as assigned.
- Assist in the planning and development of the library’s
information literacy program.
- Collaborate with faculty to integrate information literacy
skills into their courses.
- Develop research guides and tutorial materials using Camtasia
and Springshare’s LibGuides product.
Collection Development and Liaison Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the university’s team of librarians on
innovative ways to promote library resources and services.
- Act as a liaison librarian for designated academic program
areas to acquire materials in all formats.
- Work with our collection development team to build the
library’s physical and digital collections.
General and Administrative
- Work with our team of librarians and library staff to create
data gathering instruments and generate reports to assist with
- Participate in University committee service and Faculty
- Engage in professional development and other professional
activities as appropriate.
- Participate in library-wide planning, budgeting, reporting, and
- Serve on administrative teams and campus committees.
- Participate in strategic planning.
- Engage in professional development, research, and scholarly
- Integrate the core values of respect, integrity, compassion,
justice and service into all aspects of interaction.
- Perform other duties as needed to maintain effective library
operations and support student success.
**Must be US work authorized**
- An MLS, or other master's degree from a program accredited by
the American Library Association or from a program accredited in a
country with a formal accreditation process as identified by ALA’s
Human Resource Development and Recruitment Office.
- Experience with library information literacy instruction and
reference services preferred.
- Ability to work well independently and collaboratively in a
- Knowledge of library resources and services.
- Proficiency in Windows applications and Microsoft Office.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal
- Collection development experience preferred.
- Familiarity with LibGuides, Camtasia, and course management
- Experience in an academic library preferred.