Senior Institutional Research & Data Analyst
- Rhodes College
- Tennessee, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Feb 16, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Other Business & Administrative Affairs
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Senior Institutional Research & Data Analyst
At Rhodes College, we aspire to graduate students with a life-long passion for learning, a compassion for others, and the ability to translate academic study and personal concern into effective leadership and action in their communities and the world. We will achieve our aspiration through a college-wide commitment to our vision. Rhodes College is currently seeking applications for a Senior Institutional Research Data Analyst.
Under the direction of the Chief Institutional Research and Data Strategist, the Office of Institutional Research seeks to utilize an integrated institutional effectiveness model in its processes and leverages institutional data to support operational planning, program accreditation, regulatory reporting, policy formation, and decision-making. We are seeking a Senior Institutional Research Data Analyst to support these functions. Working with College information systems, databases and data from various sources, the analyst will provide technical, analytical, and coordinative support for institutional research and reporting activities and effectively communicate analyses to broad and diverse audiences.
A suitable candidate will demonstrate a strong working knowledge of Higher Education Information Systems, such as Workday, Banner, etc., and/or similar systems, with applicable reporting tools, or an ability, capacity, and willingness to learn; and have a strong background in Data Analytics (Diagnostic, Prescriptive, Descriptive, and/or Predictive), as well as knowledge of programming in SQL or an equivalent programming tool.
Job duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Assists in ensuring institutional compliance of regulatory agencies (accreditation, federal, state).
- Identifies and anticipates data and information reporting needs of the College
- Organizes new and census data to comply with established institutional research standards/protocols.
- Assists in completion of IPEDS , US News, Petersons, Common Data Set, and other required external survey reporting.
- Integrates and interprets data used to support the assessment of academic and administrative units.
- Serves as a resource to provide data-related technical and analytical support to various stakeholders in the College community.
- Researches and produces reports, including the Institutional Profile and related publications, Rhodes College Fact Book, and internal reports as needed.
- Provides meaningful communication of data in a variety of formats to the College community. Responds to internal and external ad hoc requests for research and data analysis needs.
- Assists in setting office priorities and meeting established internal and external deadlines.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with members of the Team, and with other college personnel.
- Assists the Chief Institutional Research and Data Strategist in data governance management as it relates to the data element dictionary, system access requests, and other projects related to institutional research and data strategy for the College.
Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required in Data Science, Computer Science, Information Technology, Economics, Information Systems, Statistics, Applied Math, Business/Business Administration, or any other related field. Master's degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in a Data Analyst position, preferably working as a Senior Data Analyst or an equivalent position in a fast-paced and dynamic business setting, and have had experience working in report creation, modeling, and trend forecasting in a professional or similar role.
- Knowledge of Liberal Arts Colleges
- Knowledge of Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges ( SACSCOC )
- Working knowledge of Workday, Banner, Power BI, and Tableau or an ability and willingness to learn
- Experience in using Analytic and Statistical Software, such as Rapid Insight Analytics, SPSS or other comparable analytic and statistical analysis programs for reporting and decision support is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- A suitable candidate will demonstrate a strong working knowledge of Higher Education Information Systems, such as Workday, Banner, etc., and/or similar systems, with applicable reporting tools, or an ability, capacity, and willingness to learn; and have a strong background in Data Analytics (Diagnostic, Prescriptive, Descriptive, and/or Predictive), as well as knowledge of programming in SQL or an equivalent programming tool.
- Strategic and analytical thinking skills with ability to solve problems.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail.
- Self-motivated with the ability to learn new concepts.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced loosely structured environment with competing demands.
- Knowledge of institutional research and data analytic principles and best practices.
- Knowledge of current trends and solutions especially related to data reporting and business intelligence, especially in higher education.
- Specific knowledge of Liberal Arts Colleges and specific knowledge of Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges ( SACSCOC ).
- High level of experience and working knowledge of Workday, Banner, Power BI, Tableau, Microsoft Excel, etc.; and performing administrative tasks on SQL Servers.
- Experience in using Analytic and Statistical Software, such as Rapid Insight Analytics, SPSS or other comparable analytic and statistical analysis programs for reporting and decision support.
A complete application includes a cover letter and a resume. In the cover letter, please address how you would use this opportunity to support Rhodes College's dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Rhodes offers an excellent benefits package and a great working environment. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workforce.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert