- Eastern University
- Pennsylvania, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Feb 15, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Student Affairs, Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar, Counseling, Disabled Student Services, Minority & Multicultural Affairs, Other Student Affairs
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Admissions Counselor This position is: OPEN
Job Number: 789 Posted: 02/03/2023 Revised: Location: St. Davids -- Posting Type: Staff
The Admissions Counselor, reporting to the Senior Director of Undergraduate Admissions, is
responsible for the recruitment of students in a geographical area. His / Her major task is to develop a
communication strategy that will result in getting the Eastern University message into the hands of
prospective students and adult influencers. This will require travel to and from the counselor’s
assigned regional area throughout the year, and include evening, weekend and overnight
responsibilities. In addition, he/she is responsible to establish and maintain ongoing relationships with
students on the campus for the purpose of retention.
1. Develop recruitment plans for prospective students in assigned territory.
2. Promptly respond to phone calls, emails and inquiries.
3. Conduct engagement via telephone, email, written, and personal contact with prospective
students, families and school personnel in a timely manner.
4. Attends some weekend events including college fairs, Open House and special events.
5. Daily phone calling as well as night calling one night a week, possibly more.
6. Visits high schools and attends college fairs in the assigned regional territory and in areas from
which students have applied or have shown interest.
7. Implements correspondence via the university’s Salesforce CRM with students, schools and
community in your assigned territory.
8. Interviews students from the assigned territory and other territories if needed.
9. Promotes the college as a conference center to ministers, counselors, church leaders and
parents within the Christian community.
10. Facilitates linkage between current students and appropriate resources on the campus (i.e.
Academic Advisors, CCAS, Financial Aid, Student Accounts, and Registrar)
11. Maintains successful relationships with enrolled students so as to promote retention.
12. Embodies values of caring and compassion, justice and integrity, competence and affirmation.
13. Seeks to treat each member of the campus community with fairness, dignity and respect
seeking a spirit of unity and harmony as we join together to achieve our common mission.
14. Travels to and recruits at various Christian youth festivals in assigned areas, as well as other
15. Other duties as assigned
Staff, salaried, full time, 40 hours/week, 12 months/year (hours per week and weeks per year are
anticipated to vary based on the needs and fluctuations of the recruitment cycle and geographic area
assigned and are by arrangement with the Senior Director of Undergraduate Admissions). Evening,
weekend and overnight commitments are required year round.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Must exhibit a personal understanding of, and operate in concert with, the Mission and Doctrinal statements of the University. A bachelor’s degree is required. A proven ability to effectively communicate both in writing and verbally is essential. Proven effective relational skills are also required. Computer literacy (Microsoft Office) is required. Current valid driver’s license and availability for frequent regional travel is required.
About Eastern University
Eastern University is a Christian university of the arts and sciences that integrates faith, reason and justice for students in its undergraduate, graduate, Seminary, urban, professional and international programs. Applicants should have a religious commitment compatible with its mission and be willing to support the mission and vision of the university. The university complies with federal and state guidelines of nondiscrimination in employment; members of protected classes encouraged to apply.
Background Checks Standard University employees are required to complete the background clearance process.
Employment is contingent upon the successful results of an employment background screening. The
employment background screening may include but is not limited to your consumer credit history (for
positions that work with the university finances or alumni funds only), verification of education and
professional credentials, criminal history, driving history, residency, immigration status, performance,
references, and other qualities pertinent to your qualifications for the following position.
Youth Clearances are required for positions with direct contact with children and essential personnel
positions. Employees working with or around minor age children are required to complete the youth
clearance process which includes the following four child protection clearances:
1) Affidavit; 2) FBI Criminal Record Check; 3) Pennsylvania Department of Human Services Child Abuse History Clearance and; 4) Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record Check. In accordance with state laws, Act 73 of 2007, Act 153 of 2014, Act 168 (relating to the Child
Protective Services Law), school employees of Eastern University who will have "direct contact with
children" must complete the background check process prior to employment. Results must be
submitted within ten days of receipt.
This description is intended to describe the general level and nature of work performed by the person/people assigned to this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities of the person/people so assigned.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert