- Virginia Tech
- Virginia, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Feb 14, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Business & Management, Management, Administrative, Academic Affairs, Other Academic Affairs, Business & Administrative Affairs, Other Business & Administrative Affairs, Technology Administration/Other, Grants & Contracts
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The IT Transformation Program Office (ITTPO) is seeking an individual with demonstrated Project Management experience within a complex enterprise environment, who will be responsible for managing multiple concurrent projects across diverse and cross-functional teams. The Project Manager (PM) will report to the IT Transformation Program Director, and provide leadership to project teams following adopted ITTPO project-based infrastructure, including project management guidelines, project standards, project scope, risk identification and mitigation, quality management, project budget, reporting and documentation. The PM will work with the Program Director and project sponsors to review and report on project work plans, task management, timelines, issue escalation, and risk mitigation strategies, and has overall responsibility for reporting on status of project activities, milestones, and deliverables. The PM is responsible for assessment of project effectiveness, benchmarking best practices, and collaborating with stakeholders to design and implement projects that support the accomplishment of IT Transformation recommendations and priorities. The PM will, in coordination and collaboration with the Program Director and the Division of IT, work with distributed IT units to facilitate training and education about project management practices to help drive adoption more broadly across the institution.
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Proven experience as a project manager
• Demonstrated experience with the Microsoft Office suite.
• Strong presentation, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate complex ideas in easy to understand business terms to all levels of management, including senior leaders
• Strong organization, time management, and interpersonal skills
• Ability to effectively manage multiple competing priorities with high attention to detail.
• Ability to provide high level expertise across a broad range of business and/or IT related subject matter areas (e.g., SDLC, Waterfall, Agile methodologies)
• Success in building and maintaining customer relationships at multiple levels
• Documented experience in Project Management in similarly structured organizations to higher education (e.g. healthcare, government and higher education) Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
• Knowledge and experience in Scrum framework
• Master’s degree
• Experience working with project teams with limited exposure or knowledge of project management methodologies
• Experience leading, managing, and mentoring multiple project teams.
• Experience with identifying project management-related training needs to align with professional development opportunities
• Demonstrated experience with ServiceNow or other project management software applications
Salary Range of $90,000 - $115,000
The successful candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check.
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges , a school of medicine , a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School , and Honors College . The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers . A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or military status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Zach LaCroix at firstname.lastname@example.org during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Advertised: February 14, 2023
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert