Pay rate: $20/hr plus shift differential for weekends and
Dining Unit Manager
Part-time. Schedule may vary according to
departmental and Academy needs. Weekend and night shifts are
integral to this position; flexibility is required.
Fiscal Year Weeks
Full year (52 weeks)
Responsible for the coordination of food and supplies necessary for
meal services, and for the operation of the dining area assigned,
including the arrangement, cleaning and condition of furnishings
Must embody the mission of the Dining Services Department: “A Team
of Professionals dedicated to providing quality food service with a
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Ensure efficient and thorough cleaning and sanitizing of all
flat ware, trays, dishware, service ware, glassware, catering ware
and other similar items in the kitchen.
- Provide an adequate supply of all dishes, utensils, silverware
and other supplies before, during and after meal services.
- Practice proper cleaning procedures for all kitchen equipment
and observe all MSDS policies/procedures for safety and
- Assist with housekeeping of the kitchen and dining areas.
- Assist with deliveries and storage of incoming food and
- Record temperatures of dish machine during meal periods.
- Ensure all waste materials are properly separated for trash,
compost and pig farmer. Weight restrictions per barrel are adhered
to for pick-ups.
- Inform unit manager of all broken equipment, safety hazards and
- Ensure that all work areas are maintained in a neat, clean and
sanitary fashion by sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, wiping, washing
or other appropriate cleaning methods.
- Assist with the proper sanitation of work areas, kitchen
equipment and all kitchen surfaces including (but not limited to)
walk-in and reach-in refrigerators, floors, walls, shelving,
drawers, exhaust hoods, etc.
- Promote a positive and congenial atmosphere for students,
employees and other customers.
- Respect for diversity of identities and experiences, an
orientation toward equity and inclusion, and cultural competency in
all aspects of Academy life.
- Possess basic computer skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to take direction
and work with others.
- Demonstrate respect for diversity of identities and
experiences, an orientation toward equity and inclusion, and
cultural competency in all aspects of Academy life.
- Ability to follow verbal and written directions, maintain a
professional demeanor and restraint at all times, including
- Knowledge of proper safety and sanitation principles when
operating equipment and using cleaning supplies.
- Committed to teamwork.
- Practices excellent personal hygiene habits; follows and
adheres to uniform standards daily.
- Regular and consistent attendance with the ability to work a
flexible schedule including extended hours, weekends, and
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment, under short
time constraints, and within established deadlines.
- Must possess excellent guest service and hospitality skills and
projects a positive image while interacting with students, faculty,
staff and guests.
- High school graduate or GED equivalent preferred.
- Familiar with equipment, materials and methods used in
sanitation and knowledge in the care of utensils and equipment
- One year of experience in duties as described or equivalent
- Previous experience in institutional food service or
housekeeping is helpful.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
- Physical demands are in excess of those for sedentary work and
will require the ability to remain standing for extended periods of
time, go up and down flights of steps, lift and push heavy carts as
well as stoop, squat, bend, kneel, crouch, and lift.
- Ability and dexterity to grasp and grip and safely operate
commercial kitchen equipment.
- Ability to lift and transport up to 50lbs without
- Ability to work in hot temperatures with daily exposure to hot
- Successfully complete a criminal background check (reviewed
every 5 years).
* This position is considered “Essential Personnel”
- an emergency occurs on the PEA Campus or in the vicinity that
would impact PEA;
- inclement weather forces the closing of campus or;
- other emergency events deemed appropriate.
Essential Personnel are required to report to or remain at work if
instructed to do so if contacted directly by the supervisor (or
his/her designee), the Principal or a member of the Principal’s
Staff (Leadership Team.)