Adjunct Faculty, Live Entertainment Technology
- Lone Star College
- Texas, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Feb 13, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Communications, Film & Video, Professional Fields, Vocational & Technical Fields, Social & Behavioral Sciences, Criminal Justice & Criminology, Administrative, Academic Affairs, Adult & Continuing Education Programs, Business & Administrative Affairs, Computer Services & Information Technology
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Part Time
Commitment to Mission
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- One LSC
- Student Focused
- Own It
- Advance Equity
- Cultivate Community
- Choose Learning
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance .
Qualities of Excellence
As faculty members of Lone Star College, we strive to create a nation of world citizenry in our students. In that pursuit, we model ways of thinking and being that incorporate diversity, equality, and equity. Our culture, then, requires the possession of transcendent qualities that, while immeasurable, are evident in global citizens. We are compassionate with our students, colleagues, and ourselves. We are innovative in the pursuit of learning. Ultimately, we create a culture where learning thrives, people are safe, and we mirror the qualities of world citizenry.
Lone Star College faculty are dedicated to four qualities of excellence:
- Student Invested
- Content Expert
- Pedagogically Excellent
- Institutionally Dedicated
Lone Star College-Montgomery
Lone Star College offers high-quality, low-cost academic transfer and career training education to 93,000+ students each semester. LSC has been named a 2021 Great Colleges to Work For® institution by the Chronicle of Higher Education and ranked 35th in Texas in the Forbes ‘America’s Best Employers By State’ list.
LSC consists of eight colleges, seven centers, eight Workforce Centers of Excellence and Lone Star Corporate College.
Lone Star College–Montgomery, the premiere student-centered educational institution in Montgomery County, serves The Woodlands and Conroe communities. LSC–Montgomery provides a relaxing and conducive learning atmosphere while offering leisure learning opportunities, individual classes, and unique programs such as radiologic technology, physical therapy, and biotechnology.
Location address is 3200 College Park Drive, Conroe, TX 77384.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
It is the responsibility of the teaching faculty to provide the learning activities and support that will lead to the achievement of the course objectives and contribute to the educational environment of the college and the community. Primary responsibilities are to plan, develop and teach courses within the curriculum in a manner that facilitates student learning.
Adjunct faculty are hired in a part-time capacity on a semester-by-semester basis, contingent upon the needs of the System. Lone Star College accepts application material year-round from qualified applicants willing to teach on a part-time basis. Adjunct (part-time) faculty hiring is based on student demand. We offer day, evening, and weekend classes. Classes are offered at various times and locations during the academic year. As a rule, adjunct faculty may teach a maximum of five classes per academic year.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Teaches Live Entertainment Technology courses in both the Live production and Video production tracks; Course topics include: Video and Media Systems for live events, Lighting and Audio for live events, Video Editing and Media Design, and Video Production
- Creates engaging lessons that promote student involvement and application of the material.
- Submits required college reports and forms in a timely manner
- Utilizes a course syllabus for each course, following established institutional guidelines
- Meets with and advises students either before or after class or by appointment, electronic communication, or other appropriate methods
- Evaluates students to measure their progress in achieving course objectives and informs students in a timely manner of their progress
- Maintains professional relationships with students, colleagues, and the community
- Attends meetings, trainings, and orientations as required
- Responsible for other reasonable related duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Mastery of course content in fundamental hands-on skills and safety as an entertainment technician
- Keep current with industry trends and technology
- Demonstrates leadership skills; style that emphasizes collaboration and teamwork
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Commitment to diversity; ability to appreciate alternative viewpoints; ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people
- Ability to develop and implement instructional approaches such as service learning/civic engagement, learning communities, and the effective use of technology
- Ability to use effective strategies to engage students in their learning
- Requires the ability to install and use rigging/audio/visual equipment
- The work requires some physical exertion, such as long periods of standing; walking over rough, uneven, or rocky surfaces; recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching, or similar activities; or recurring lifting of moderately heavy items, such as typewriters and record boxes. The work may require specific, but common, physical characteristics and abilities, such as above average agility and dexterity
- Equipment used includes, Mac computer lab, Adobe CC, Digital Audio Workstations, lighting equipment (LED, Tungsten, and HMI; both conventional and moving), Genie Lift, Midas and AVID audio consoles, QLab, Isdadora, ETC and MA lighting consoles. Chain-Motor truss set-up in Live Entertainment Technology’s new building and warehouse lab
- PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
- Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Hours will vary depending on class time; Instructors are required to meet with classes at all scheduled times and be available to students outside of class instruction.
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office/classroom/lab environment with minimal exposure to safety hazards
- In person courses are taught at a variety of times during the Fall and Spring semesters on the Lone Star Montgomery campus only
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Technical Theatre, Radio/Television/Film (RTF), Electronic Media, or related field Plus a minimum of 3 years related work experience
- Experience in the entertainment industry as technician, designer, and/or management for live or video production
$49.75 per contact hour.
Benefits Marketing Statement
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment, excellent work/life balance, tuition waiver, participation in a tax deferred retirement plan, professional development opportunities and more.
Go to the Job Search page, click on ‘My Activities’ at the top of the page. Under My Cover Letters and Attachments you will click on ‘Add Attachment.’ Please be sure to put the Job ID# in the title once you name your file for cover letters only, unless you attached your cover letter with your resume.
If you are applying for an Instructional position (i.e. Faculty, Adjunct Faculty, Instructor), please ensure you include the following to be considered: Resume/CV, Cover Letter, Teaching Philosophy, and unofficial transcripts.
You must limit your file name for any attachment to 40 characters or less.
How to Apply
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert