Career Opportunity Number
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Initial Screen Date:
· High School Diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.); with up to 4 years of
specialized or technical training in building trades including
mechanical, electrical, plumbing, carpentry;
· 6 years facility maintenance related experience.
· Valid Driver’s License required
Preference will be given to individuals who possess
* Knowledge of building electrical, mechanical and climate control
* Knowledge of commercial building remodeling (electrical,
plumbing, drywall repair, concrete).
* Ability to perform preventive maintenance on building
* Ability to respond to emergencies quickly.
* Ability to read and understand architectural, mechanical, and
* Ability to safely work with electrical voltages up to 480.
Normally scheduled Monday through Friday; however, may be required
to work other shifts to include evenings and/or weekends. Schedule
subject to change based upon department needs.
The annual starting salary is $37,303 - $39,541 . A competitive
benefit package is included.
Special Instructions to Applicants
PLEASE NOTE :
• Cover letter, resume, and transcripts are required and must be
attached to the online application in order to receive any
• Interviews will be conducted by a screening committee.
• We offer all full-time employees medical, dental, vision, and
life insurance plans, as well as retirement, 403b, employee
assistance, and flexible spending and health savings account. We
have a generous time-off policy including vacation, sick/personal
days, holidays, and paid spring and winter break.
We can’t wait to show you why Metropolitan Community College is a
great place to work!
Incumbents perform semi-skilled and skilled labor in plumbing,
painting, electrical, roofing, carpentry, masonry, or HVAC,
remodeling facilities, assist with maintenance or construction
projects as directed.
* EOE /M/F/Vet/Disabled
Typical Essential Duties
· Installs, maintains, and repairs building electrical and
maintenance, including HVAC, systems.
· Paints interior and exterior surfaces of buildings; performs
welding operations; and builds and remodels facilities, to include
maintaining, repairing, and/or replacing roofs, parking lots, and
garages; replacing asphalt; removing and installation ceiling
systems; and/or installing concrete forms for drives and parking
· Conducts preventative maintenance on and repairs electrical,
mechanical, plumbing, boiler operations and controls, and climate
and other control systems and devices; addresses and troubleshoots
issues as and when needed.
· Performs lawn maintenance duties to include removing snow, mowing
lawns, planting trees, and applying chemicals.
· Maintains inventory, and prepares and/or maintains work orders,
records, and other documentation.
· Knowledge of building maintenance principles;
· Knowledge of electrical principles;
· Knowledge of plumbing principles;
· Knowledge of carpentry principles;
· Knowledge of HVAC mechanics, repairs, software, and preventative
· Knowledge of security alarm systems;
· Knowledge of cleaning and janitorial principles and
· Knowledge of applicable hand and power tools;
· Knowledge of applicable equipment, vehicles, and machinery used
in assigned area of responsibility;
· Knowledge of safe work methods;
· Skilled in performing basic electrical, plumbing, and carpentry
· Skilled in operating applicable hand and power tools;
· Skilled in repairing drywall and painting;
· Skilled in reading blueprints, plans, and drawings;
· Skilled in adhering to safe work practices;
· Skilled in utilizing communication and interpersonal skills as
applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general
public, and others sufficient to exchange or convey
No staffing table positions.
Positions in this class typically require: balancing, climbing,
crawling, crouching, feeling, fingering, grasping, hearing,
kneeling, pulling, pushing, stooping, reaching, repetitive motion,
standing, talking, visual acuity, and walking. The work is very
heavy work which requires exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force
occasionally and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently,
and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Incumbents may be exposed to hazardous physical conditions, such
as, mechanical parts, electrical currents, and vibrations;
atmospheric conditions, such as fumes, odors, gases, and poor
ventilation; hazardous materials, such as chemicals, blood, and
other bodily fluids; extreme temperatures; inadequate lighting;
work space-related movement restrictions; intense noise; other
environmental conditions, such as, challenging behaviors, imminent
danger, and threatening environment.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
- * What is the highest level of education you have as conferred
through an official transcript?
- Have not completed High School/GED
- High School/GED
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree
- Master's degree
- Doctorate degree
- * Do you have 6 years facility maintenance related experience?
- One to three years
- Three to four years
- Five years
- Six years
- * How did you learn about this position?
- Academic Keys
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- Dos Mundos
- Employee referral
- Inside Higher Ed
- Kansas City Call
- Kansas City Globe
- Kansas City Hispanic News
- MCC Website
- Other Source
- Cover Letter
- Transcript 01
- Transcript 02
- Transcript 03
- Transcript 04
- Transcript 05