Full-time, year-round position responsible for the instructional
programs, curriculum, and staffing in the Applied Sciences and
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists and advises the Vice President for Academic Affairs and
Student Services in all divisional matters.
- Manages the planning and direction of all Applied Sciences and
- Supervises department leadership in the development and
management of all technical curricula.
- Coordinates the scheduling of all classes within the Applied
Sciences and Technologies division.
- Reviews and recommends staffing for divisional classes.
- Supervises and evaluates all faculty within the Applied
Sciences and Technologies division.
- Manages delivery of quality programming in an effective and
- Coordinates needs-assessments and other related studies.
- Coordinates use of advisory groups in developing quality
programs and placement.
- Develops occupational/technical grant proposals and assists
with other grant proposal development.
- Provides supervision and management of grants awarded to the
division (e.g., Perkins, NSF).
- Coordinates the budget planning process for the division.
- Recommends purchase, installation, and distribution of
equipment and supplies in the division.
- Supervises budgetary expenditures for the division.
- Articulates vocational and technical programs with the various
educational, industrial, public service, and business segments of
the service area.
- Manages student discipline issues according to College policies
and procedures within the Applied Sciences and Technologies
- Coordinates the participation of staff in recruitment
- Interfaces with other College departments to promote
effectiveness of programs.
- Collects, monitors and assesses data used in decision making
and program reviews.
- Provides data and reports as needed.
- Assists in conducting placement and follow-up studies of
Occupational and Technical students.
- Communicates effectively within the division of Applied
Sciences and Technologies and throughout the College.
- Generates appropriate announcements for forwarding to the
Director, Community Relations and Marketing on a timely basis.
- Supervises, trains, and works with department chairs, faculty,
and staff development activities.
- Supervises the maintenance of records and handles
administrative duties for the division of Applied Sciences and
- Supervises department chairs in textbook selection, approval,
- Represents the division of Applied Sciences and Technologies
and the College at appropriate meetings and on councils and
- Ensures compliance with federal and state rules and
- Responsible for coordinating, documenting, and implementing all
unit action planning, outcomes assessment, and institutional
effectiveness efforts within the scope of administrative
- Monitors and promotes progress toward meeting the goals and
objectives of the College's Equity Update report.
- Acts as a Campus Security Authority (CSA)/responsible person
for Title IX and Clery Act compliance. Must participate in
all required CSA/responsible person training.
- Acts in accordance with College policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Educational: Master's degree with a major
in Engineering, Engineering Technology, Business, or other related
field within the Applied Sciences and Technologies Division from a
regionally-accredited institution required.
Experiential: Five years experience
in administration/teaching in vocational-technical programs
required. Work experience in a business or technical/industrial
Reports To: Vice President for
Academic Affairs and Student Services
Supervises: Faculty and Staff assigned to
Applied Sciences and Technologies
Posting Date: August 19, 2021
Starting Annual Salary
Range: $105,000 - $108,000
Application Review Begins: September 15,
SOUTH FLORIDA STATE COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL ACCESS/EQUAL
Applicants with disabilities who need assistance in the
application or hiring process should contact: Human Resources,
863-784-7132, or send written request to:
South Florida State
600 West College
Avon Park, FL
To apply for this position please visit https://sfsc.interviewexchange.com