Core Faculty in the Community, Liberation, Indigenous, and Eco-psychologies
- Pacifica Graduate Institute
- Santa Barbara, California
- $80,000 - $85,000 annually plus benefits
- Posted Date
- Feb 15, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Social & Behavioral Sciences, Psychology
- Employment Level
- Non-Tenured Track
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Anticipated but flexible start date is August 2023.
Pacifica Graduate Institute is an accredited graduate school in Santa Barbara California offering masters and doctoral degrees in the tradition of depth psychology. We currently seek a full-time Core Faculty member in the Community, Liberation, Indigenous, and Eco-psychologies (CLIE) specialization of the Depth Psychology M.A./Ph.D. program. For more information about this unique transdisciplinary graduate program, visit Pacifica’s https://www.pacifica.edu/degree-program/community-liberation-ecopsychology.
This full-time position will require the candidate to be located within acceptable proximity to Pacifica’s Santa Barbara-Qualifications:
- Ph.D. with developed transdisciplinary scholarship integrating any of the following areas: decoloniality theory and praxis, Indigenous and diasporic studies with emphasis on the Global South, traditional environmental knowledge (TEK), applied Indigenous studies, decolonial feminisms, critical community psychology, gender studies, Black studies, ethnic studies Along with standard qualitative research experience, the following methodologies are of particular interest: Critical participatory action research, post-qualitative, arts-based, visual, and Indigenous approaches. Preference will be given to applicants with at least three years of post-doctoral academic teaching experience and a strong record of publication, qualitative research, and praxis, and demonstrated commitment to anti-racism and decolonial approaches to scholarly engagement. Applicants should display strong support for transdisciplinary graduate education. We encourage candidates from communities underrepresented in US higher education to apply.
Pacifica Graduate Institute is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by nondiscrimination policy.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert