GPS Enrollment Counselor
- Eastern University
- Saint Davids, Pennsylvania
- Posted Date
- Feb 14, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Student Affairs, Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar, Counseling
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The Enrollment Counselor will join a vibrant and enthusiastic Graduate and Professional Studies (GPS) Enrollment team at a university experiencing significant growth. Reporting to the Assistant Director of Enrollment, the Enrollment Counselor will be responsible for managing a full recruitment territory across specific academic programs and providing excellent customer service to prospects from initial contact through enrollment in their selected academic program. In addition, they will be responsible for helping to maintain a culture of positivity, collaboration, and efficiency within a team that both works hard and celebrates team successes.
● Meets or exceeds recruitment goals by promoting assigned Eastern programs to a diverse student inquiry population. Manages students from initial inquiry through enrollment while assisting them with meeting application and registration deadlines.
● Communicates with prospective and current applicants through phone calls, emails, appointments, and virtual engagements. Serves as a partner in student retention by offering high customer service at each stage of the enrollment process.
● Demonstrates proficiency in GPS program offerings; Participates in ongoing training regarding all Eastern offerings, CRM (Salesforce/TargetX), document management software (Perceptive Web), and policy changes.
● Participates in regular team meetings.
● Updates the operations team and maintains applicant records and admissions credentials within Salesforce/TargetX.
● Responsible for networking with a variety of contacts including current students to promote GPS programs and generate referrals.
● Conducts & schedules enthusiastic noontime or evening virtual information sessions/open houses for prospective students. May be asked to attend professional networking events to assist in the growth of the University brand.
● Works collaboratively with the rest of the enrollment team, student services, academic advising, & financial aid, acting as a liaison between the student and specific department to facilitate a positive student experience.
● Embodies values of caring and compassion, justice and integrity, competence and affirmation.
● Seeks to treat each member of the campus community with fairness, dignity and respect seeking a spirit of unity and harmony as we join together to achieve our common mission.
● Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Demonstrate personal Christian faith and an affirmation of the EU Mission and ethos.
2. Show evidence of personal and professional integrity and character.
3. Demonstrate commitment to the student-focused and value-centered characteristics of the university as articulated in the EU Mission, Vision and Core Commitments.
4. Flexible, team-oriented, collaborative, positive work ethos and attitude.
5. Bachelor’s degree preferred from an accredited college or university.
6. Possess a valid Pennsylvania Driver’s License and suitable driving record.
7. Experience in higher education enrollment preferred.
Basic Competency Requirements
8. Ability to effectively manage a fluid portfolio of prospective students.
9. Competence in desktop software, spreadsheet and database management.
10. Strong business, analytical and creative acumen.
11. Evidence of capacity for strategy and tactical implementation.
12. Research acumen; capacity to collect, manage, analyze and apply data to inform enrollment management strategies, tactics, planning and practices.
13. Ability to render timely decisions in a fast-paced, competitive higher education market.
14. Strong written and oral communication skills.
Ideal Competency Requirements
15. Demonstrated commitment to diversity.
16. Understand the requirements for institutional success in the higher education marketplace of the Philadelphia region and beyond.
About Eastern University
Eastern University is a Christian university of the arts and sciences that integrates faith, reason and justice for students in its undergraduate, graduate, Seminary, urban, professional and international programs. Applicants should have a religious commitment compatible with its mission and be willing to support the mission and vision of the university. The university complies with federal and state guidelines of nondiscrimination in employment; members of protected classes encouraged to apply.
Standard University employees are required to complete the background clearance process. Employment is contingent upon the successful results of an employment background screening. The employment background screening may include but is not limited to your consumer credit history (for positions that work with the university finances or alumni funds only), verification of education and professional credentials, criminal history, driving history, residency, immigration status, performance, references, and other qualities pertinent to your qualifications for the following position.
Youth Clearances are required for positions with direct contact with children and essential personnel positions. Employees working with or around minor age children are required to complete the youth clearance process which includes the following four child protection clearances:
2) FBI Criminal Record Check;
3) Pennsylvania Department of Human Services Child Abuse History Clearance and;
4) Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record Check.
In accordance with state laws, Act 73 of 2007, Act 153 of 2014, Act 168 (relating to the Child Protective Services Law), school employees of Eastern University who will have "direct contact with children" must complete the background check process prior to employment. Results must be submitted within ten days of receipt.
This description is intended to describe the general level and nature of work performed by the person/people assigned to this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities of the person/people so assigned.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert