IT Support Analyst, Senior
Information Tech Services
NAU aims to be the nation's preeminent engine of opportunity,
vehicle of economic mobility, and driver of social impact by
delivering equitable postsecondary value in Arizona and
- Due to the nature of the work, this position is an on-site
position which requires the incumbent to complete their work
primarily at an NAU site, campus, or facility with or without
accommodation. Opportunities for remote work are rare.
Northern Arizona University's ITS Support Desk is now hiring one
(1) ITS Support Analyst, Senior to join their dynamic team in
supporting the University's ITS Support Desk and JacksPrint
campuswide. This position serves in a senior position with the
primary responsibility of supporting JacksPrint at the Student
The ITS Support Analyst, Senior also provides a wide range of
secondary level IT support to end users on various technical issues
and problems relating to computer hardware, software, peripheral
devices, and basic network issues. This position will be
responsible for responding to, documenting, and resolving service
tickets and initiates the escalation of service tickets when
This position requires a self-motivated, energetic, professional,
and personable individual to meet the daily demands of servicing a
large and varied customer base in support of a wide variety of
Job Functions and Duties include:
Technical Support - 55%
- Under general direction of the IT Manager of the ITS Service
Desk, provides faculty, staff, and student IT support, over the
phone, through email, in-person, and using remote access tools in
coordination with the ITS Service Desk during regular, evening and
weekend hours, and a rotation of on-call.
- Provides support to on-campus, statewide, online, and
international students, faculty, and staff by demonstrating
advanced knowledge of modern operating systems, network
connectivity, university-supported applications.
- Serve in a senior position with the primary responsibility of
supporting Jacksprint (Student facing printing) @ the Student Technology Center.
- Works directly with IT Professionals across campus to resolve
- Serves in a consulting capacity to campus computer users and
support personnel regarding software problems or malfunctions, and
- Perform diagnostics, installation, replacements, and repair on
hardware, software, and networking on university-owned equipment
and on a wide variety of student-owned computers. Monitor and
assist student employees who perform these duties.
- Typically performs support functions without direct
supervision. Responsible for making decisions regarding support
issues based on general guidelines.
- Papercut administration.
Communication and Collaboration - 15%
- Coordinates communication between various members of the
service desk or technical support areas, along with the entire NAU
- Updates university IT systems support information and data to
ensure access to accurate and timely information.
- Inform and train co-workers on current technologies and
solutions to new or ongoing issues.
- Serve as the central point of contact to assist customers with
questions and problems via telephone, email, and in person in a
- Provides guidance, training, and mentorship to less experienced
team members to be effective and compliant in their work.
- Work closely with NAU community to determine Jacksprint
- Prepare and update documentation for the public web site, on
campus presentations and internal documentation for the Desktop
Support/ITS Internal knowledgebases.
Documentation and Reporting - 15%
- Prepares detailed documentation and operating instructions for
monitored and/or administered systems; documents daily activities,
system updates, communication system status to on-coming staff for
shift change and develop policies and procedure affecting Service
Desk Support Staff for regular hours as well as after-hours and
- Prepare and update Service Desk documentation for the public
web site, on campus presentations and internal documentation for
the Service Desk knowledgebase.
Industry Knowledge and Technical Skills - 10%
- Remain current with new technologies that pertain to technology
support in higher education.
- Experience with Papercut.
Other duties as assigned - 5%
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- On-call duties required for this position.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field;
- 3-5 years of relevant experience; OR,
- Any combination of relevant education and experience may be
substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for-year
- Experience maintaining printer inventory and hardware.
- Experience with Papercut.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Strong communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Technical aptitude and the ability to quickly learn new
technologies and be able to provide support.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in Windows and Macintosh
- Advanced knowledge and experience with NAU supported software
packages, including the campus LMS system.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with mobile devices and BYOD
- Experience with Google Workspace for Education and Microsoft
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange.
- Experience writing technical documentation.
- Experience presenting to large and small groups.
- Knowledge of desktop security issues.
- Experience working in a Windows Active Directory
- Experience in providing the highest level of customer
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize
several projects and tasks at a time.
- Ability to work efficiently in a team setting managing multiple
tasks and dealing with potentially highly stressful
- Experience working within a culturally diverse
This position has been identified as a safety/security sensitive
position. Therefore, per AZ Revised Statute, Northern Arizona
University requires satisfactory results for the following: a
criminal background investigation, employment history
investigation, degree verification (in some cases) and
fingerprinting. If you are applying for a job that requires a CDL,
you will be required to register with the Federal Motor Carrier
Safety Administration Drug & Alcohol Clearinghouse and adhere
to the clearinghouse requirements. Additionally, as an employer in
the state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal
E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new
employees' right to work in the United States. Finally, each year
Northern Arizona University releases an Annual Security Report
. The report is a result
of a federal law known as the Clery Act. The report includes Clery
reportable crime statistics for the three most recent completed
calendar years and discloses procedures, practices and programs NAU
uses to keep students and employees safe including how to report
crimes or other emergencies occurring on campus. In addition, the
Fire Safety Report
is combined with the Annual
Security Report for the NAU Flagstaff Mountain Campus as this
campus has on-campus student housing. This report discloses fire
safety policies and procedures related to on-campus student housing
and statistics for fires that occurred in those facilities. If you
would like a free paper copy of the report, please contact the
NAUPD Records Department at (928) 523-8884 or by visiting the
department at 525 E. Pine Knoll Drive in Flagstaff.
Salary range begins at $62,996. Annual salary commensurate with
candidate's qualifications and related experience.
This position is exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair
Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and therefore will not earn overtime or
compensatory time for additional time worked.
This is a Classified Staff (CLS) position. NAU offers an excellent
benefit package including generous health, dental and vision
insurance; participation in the Arizona State Retirement System;
paid vacation and 10 holidays per year; and tuition reduction for
employees and qualified dependents. More information on benefits at
NAU is available on the Human Resources benefits website
. Classified Staff
employees are in a probationary status for their first six months
at NAU. NAU is a tobacco and smoke-free campus. Employees offered a
position will be eligible for state health plans (including NAU's
BCBS Plan). New employees are eligible for benefits
on the first day of the
pay period following their enrollment, after their employment date.
Employees will have 31 days from their start date to enroll in
benefits. Additionally, new employees will begin participating in
the Arizona State Retirement System, and the long-term disability
coverage that accompanies it, on the first of the pay period
following 6 months after the new employee's start date.
Learning and Development
Your career at Northern Arizona University includes the opportunity
for professional development. New
employee on-boarding training
includes courses to be completed
within the first 30 days.
NAU will not provide any U.S. immigration support or sponsorship
for this position.
April 17, 2023 at 11:59 p.m.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply" button on
this page. You must submit your application by clicking on the
"Submit" button by midnight of the application deadline. If you
need assistance completing your application there are instructions
available on the Human Resources website
or in person in the
Human Resources Department located in Building 91 on the NAU Campus
- on the corner of Beaver and DuPont Streets.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable
accommodation to participate in the hiring process, please contact
the Disability Resources Office at 928-523-8773, DR@nau.edu
, or PO Box 5633, Flagstaff AZ
Equal Employment Opportunity
Northern Arizona University is a committed Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities,
veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
NAU is responsive to the needs of dual career couples.
Know Your Rights Poster
NAU is an Employer of National Service. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps,
and other National Service alumni are encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://hr.peoplesoft.nau.edu/psp/ph92prta/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=607008&PostingSeq=1