About Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University:
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is an independent, culturally
diverse institution providing quality education and research in
aviation, aerospace, engineering, and other related fields with
residential campuses located in Daytona Beach, Florida and
Prescott, Arizona. The University's Worldwide campus provides
educational opportunities online and at approximately 130 locations
throughout the United States, Asia, Europe, and Central/South
As the largest and most comprehensive aviation and
aerospace-focused university in the world, Embry-Riddle is a unique
institution. Over the past 90 years, the University has evolved
with industry to break new ground and produce top-level graduates
who serve the ever-changing needs of aviation and aerospace and
other STEM-related disciplines. Embry-Riddle offers programs in
seven primary fields of study including: Applied Science; Aviation;
Business; Computers and Technology; Engineering; Safety, Security,
and Intelligence; and Space.
For Academic Year 2021-22, there were over 11,100 undergraduate,
graduate, and doctoral students that attended the University's
residential campuses and approximately 20,195 students in total
enrolled with the University around the world.
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Worldwide announces an
exciting opportunity in the Department of Online Education. The
Instructional Designer I primary responsibility is the successful
production of high-quality online courses. There is daily
interaction with internal peers, course developers, media
specialists, contractors, other IDD staff, the Executive Director
of Instructional Design and Development, and the Directors of
Instructional Design and Development. The position is responsible
for the overall coordination of multiple online course development
activities, serving as a program manager for online course
production, updates, and maintenance.
The position requires superior critical thinking, strong
interpersonal and communication skills, sharp time management
skills, along with comfort working in a team environment and
extensive knowledge on instructional design and online education.
The Instructional Designer I must be able to navigate the higher
education academic environment successfully.
Key job functions include:
- Collaborates with remote faculty to prepare high-quality online
courses, for academic and non-credit delivery.
- Edits and organizes electronic information to create
high-quality, adult learning oriented online course content.
- Coordinates the production and/or acquisition of instructional
materials, including video, graphics, animations, and interactive
- In collaboration with faculty, produces instructional materials
within the university’s Learning Management System (Canvas).
- Conducts quality assurance reviews of courses and other
- Implements established ERAU course development standards and
policies and communicates those with other team members and
- Works equally well in a team-based and individual context, as
required by specific work demands.
- Monitors and communicates textbook issues affecting course
development and implementation.
- Facilitates course approval process with academic department
chairs upon completion of course development.
- Coordinates course review cycles and facilitates course
redevelopments and updates.
- Coordinates project tasks and timeline to ensure timely
execution of course production projects.
- If/when needed, engage with internal peers in the collaborative
design and development of online courses and related projects.
- Encouraged (but not required) to engage in research projects
with the goal of attending relevant conferences and training as
well as performing presentations.
Required skills, knowledge, abilities:
- Master's degree in Online Education, Instructional Design
and/or Educational Technology.
- 3-5 years of professional experience.
- Related and relevant experience in online education,
particularly in post-secondary educational settings
- Expertise with software applications used in designing online
- Advanced critical thinking skills in a fast-paced, changing
- Exceptional project management skills.
- Ability to address multiple deadlines and balance multiple
needs and perspectives in a professional manner.
- Excellent personal and remote communication skills.
- Ability to work professionally and collegially in a team
- Problem-solving skills that include identification, analysis,
and proactive solutions in support of University goals