Title III Program Coordinator
- Willamette University
- Oregon, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Feb 14, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Computer Services & Information Technology
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Part Time
Title III Program Coordinator
Posting Number: R0004257
Location: Salem Campus
Attention Current Willamette University Employees: In order to apply for posted positions, please close this window and log into your Workday account and apply through the Career worklet.
Instructions for Applicants:
Please read the following carefully before beginning the online application process.
To be considered for employment at Willamette University, please complete our online employment application. Your application and all required attachments -- listed at the bottom of the page -- must be submitted for each individual job post that you are interested in applying for. If there is an application deadline, please ensure that your application is submitted by the deadline. Once you submit your application you will not be able to edit your application.
The Title III Program Coordinator is a full-time position reporting to the Executive Director and Chair of the Computing and Data Sciences Program. This position helps to ensure that the Title III grant timeline is followed, tasks are completed, and the project remains on schedule, in addition to regular administrative departmental duties. Specifically, this position performs various complex administrative duties with minimal supervision in support of the Computing and Data Sciences Program, which also includes administrative oversight of the QUAD Center.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
BUDGET MANAGEMENT (15%)
- Manage departments and Center budgets and function as the
contact for these accounts, which includes: Tracking expenses;
Paying invoices; Budget(s) Reconciliation; Reconciliation of
faculty and department purchasing cards
EVENT COORDINATION (5%)
- Manage reservations of spaces for events, academic and
- Facilitate communications between all involved
DEPARTMENT OPERATIONS (50%)
Provide logistical support to the Executive Director and Chair, QUAD Center, CS/DS faculty, and staff, which includes:
- Logistical support of faculty as needed
- Coordinate visiting faculty and speaker logistics
- Coordinate department calendars, which includes curricular,
administrative, programmatic deadlines and processes in conjunction
with other campus departments such as the Registrar
- Coordinate department and QUAD communication, schedule
meetings, events and activities
Coordinate department and QUAD day-to-day operations by:
- Serving as the Primary contact/resource person for the
department and Center
- Independently responding to and follow up on student, faculty,
administrator, and public/community inquiries
- Answer phones, screen calls, take messages, and ensure
- Greet and direct visitors
- Receive, sort, and process mail, email, and
- Order supplies and equipment from various vendors for
departments and Center; Ensure that office supplies meet needs and
are fully stocked
- Schedule, coordinate space, record, and attend Program
- Troubleshoot department and Center technical issues (coordinate
and communicate IT and outside service requests)
- Other duties as assigned
QUAD CENTER SUPERVISOR (15%)
- Coordinate with faculty and campus resources regarding position
descriptions and hiring processes
- Serve on the Center Student Search Committee (interview
applicants, participate in hiring decisions, and complete necessary
- Schedule student training, and help to ensure a productive work
- Scheduling student QUAD Center workers
PUBLICITY AND COMMUNICATIONS (5%)
- In coordination with Marketing/Communications, monitor the
social media platform
- Hire and oversee videographers, and professional photographer,
- Regularly update the department website with news items and,
when needed, create copy for the website and social
- Create and coordinate department and QUAD Center announcements
and marketing outreach as appropriate for the campus and the larger
- Create and maintain a public calendar of upcoming
DATA MANAGEMENT (10%)
- Create administrative processes for efficiency and transparency
in departments and QUAD Center and workflow
- Create and organize a department google drive with easily
searchable and accessible archives of meeting notes, program and
event information, and other relevant information
- Create and organize a google drive to track communications, the
strategic plan, and budgets
- Assist the Institutional Research Office in maintaining
necessary grant information
- Bachelor's degree
- One year of related job experience
- Demonstrated organizational skills, with the ability to handle
and prioritize multiple projects in a deadline-driven
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to relate to and work with
diverse groups of people.
- Demonstrated proficiency of computer skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Google Suite
- Capability to master Higher Education systems (Colleague,
- Proficiency with marketing and/or social media
- Ability to work independently.
- Master's degree
- Experience with Higher Education systems (Colleague, Banner,
- Experience with federal grants
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
Typical work is performed indoors in a normal office environment.
Monday - Friday. Position can be 32 to 40 hours/week depending on the preference of the successful candidate.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis as received; position will remain open until filled.
All University positions require that candidates submit to a criminal conviction record check prior to hire. Conviction does not automatically preclude candidates from being hired. Nature of conviction will be considered relative to the duties of the position.
You will need to upload the following two documents as part of your application materials in the "My Experience" section labeled Resume:
- Cover letter addressing the required/desired qualifications and
presenting any other applicant characteristics which deserve
- Current Resume
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Apply online at https://willamette.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/willametteuniversityjobs/job/Salem-Campus/Title-III-Program-Coordinator_R0004257
Believing that diversity contributes to academic excellence and to rich and rewarding communities, WU is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body. We seek candidates, particularly those from historically under-represented groups, whose work furthers diversity and who bring to campus varied experiences, perspectives and backgrounds.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert