Early Morning Custodian
- Johnson County Community College
- Kansas, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Feb 14, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Facilities Management & Physical Plant
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Part Time
Johnson County Community College
Position, Department: Early Morning Custodian, Operations
Type of Position: Part-time Regular, Non-Exempt
Work Schedule, Hours per week: Tuesday - Saturday 5am - 10am, 25 hours per week
Pay Range: $15.00 - $18.75 *Actual pay depends on qualifications
Benefits Category: Part-time Benefits
Position Summary: A Custodian independently performs general cleaning duties to promote cleanliness, health, and safety in campus buildings and facilities, which includes cleaning carpets, hard surfaces, restrooms, furnishings, and office supplies, and collecting and disposing of trash, recycling, and other waste products.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to understand and follow instructions & dilution
information from cleaning solutions and other supplies &
equipment in English.
- Must have basic knowledge of basic chemicals used in
- Ability to safely operate vacuums, floor machines, and
- Three months to one year of housekeeping work
- May require some weekend and & or overtime work.
- Background check required for all positions
- Experience with use of personal computers.
- Valid driver's license and an acceptable motor vehicle
To be considered for this position we will require an application.
*Unofficial transcripts are required for all Adjunct faculty and Faculty positions.
Position Details: Job duties include but are not limited to:
- General Position Responsibilities
- Vacuuming, spotting, shampooing and extractions of carpet.
- Mopping, sweeping, power scrubbing, stripping, polishing, and refinishing of hard surfaces.
- Cleaning and sanitizing restrooms using established cleaning practices and procedures.
- Cleaning and dusting windows, furnishings, walls, light fixtures, whiteboards, blackboards, and woodwork.
- Moving supplies and furniture in order to clean around and under objects, which requires lifting (See Below).
- Assisting with set up for campus events & meetings across the campus as required.
- Following established safety procedures and wearing proper protective equipment.
- Shoveling snow and removing ice from doorways and sidewalks, as needed.
- Attending department meetings.
- Supporting the policies, procedures and practices established by the College and its organizational division and departments.
- May serve on college committees.
- May drive college vehicles.
- Specific Position Responsibilities
- Perform specific duties on a daily basis as directed by position supervisor(s).
*Duties and responsibilities, as required by business necessity, may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing. Scheduling, shift assignments and work location may be changed at any time, as required by business necessity.
Diversity Statement: Here at Johnson County Community College, we seek to inspire positive change for our students, faculty, and staff through promoting growth and development of all individuals. We aim to create a sense of belonging, accepting all values, life experiences, and perspectives on our campus. We are seeking individuals who will bring their true, authentic selves to JCCC so we can broaden perspectives with innovative ideas, interests, and passions, while fostering and promoting our diversity commitments to our community. We believe that engaging all of our unique employees is the key to students' success. You belong here.
About JCCC: Established in 1969, Johnson County Community College is dedicated to transforming lives and strengthening communities through learning. Located in Overland Park, Kansas, JCCC has enjoyed a national reputation for educational excellence and student success for more than 50 years. That's five decades dedicated to smaller class sizes, more resources and a thriving campus culture - not to mention our competitive tuition rates and extracurricular experiences that transcend the norm.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Johnson County Community College (JCCC) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. JCCC provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, or genetic information.
Disclosure: If you need any assistance throughout the search process, please reach out to the HR Generalist for this position. In accordance with the college policy, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. Individual hiring departments at JCCC may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions as part of the applicant selection/hiring process. Many departments require those selected for hire to submit a certified transcript for all degrees obtained. For full consideration, applicants are encouraged to apply prior to the review date listed in posting.
If you are an applicant requesting assistance or a reasonable accommodation in the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 913-469-3877, or email JobsAtJCCC@jccc.edu.
To apply, please visit: https://careers.jccc.edu/en-us/job/495179/early-morning-custodian
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert