- University of Texas at Austin
- Texas, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Feb 14, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Social & Behavioral Sciences, Psychology
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
College/School/Unit: Dell Medical School
Posted: Jun 16, 2022
Apply By: Open until filled
The Dell Medical School Department of Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences seeks a Pediatric Psychologist to provide diverse clinical services across varied settings and modalities, including integrated and co-located healthcare venues, tele-mental health, subspecialty pediatric clinics and traditional mental health outpatient clinics.
The Pediatric Psychologist will conduct direct behavioral and mental health assessments, treatment planning, brief and long-term interventions, and interdisciplinary team consultation. This clinical work may be provided in a variety of professional settings, including an outpatient mental health clinic, a co-located primary care setting, in consultation to subspecialty pediatricians and to regional primary care physicians and public-school counselors via tele-mental health.
The Pediatric Psychologist will work within an interprofessional model and routinely collaborate with pediatric psychiatrists, psychiatric residents, medical students, other psychologists, licensed professional counselors and internal administrative staff. The identified candidate may also provide clinical services within Dell Children's Medical Center, a 248-bed Pediatric Level I Trauma Center and only freestanding pediatric hospital in the Central Texas region.
The Pediatric Psychologist will routinely interact with external stakeholders, including primary care physicians, staff and external public-school personnel to engage in collaborative care on behalf of subspecialty and primary care pediatric patients, identified at-risk public-school students and their families.
The Pediatric Psychologist will join our growing interdisciplinary faculty in the Department of Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences at Dell Medical School. Engagement in provision of training, supervision and didactics for psychology interns and fellows, as well as participation in clinical research and general program development efforts through the Department, are encouraged. This position requires qualification for an academic appointment in the University of Texas at Austin's Dell Medical School and includes associated faculty benefits.
The Dell Medical School, the first new medical school to be built at a tier one research university in nearly fifty years, is committed to redesigning academic medicine and revolutionizing how people get and stay healthy by educating leaders, developing new models of care, and advancing innovation from health products to health care delivery. We strive to create a vital, inclusive health ecosystem and are especially interested in qualified candidates who can contribute to diversity and excellence within the learning health system.
- Doctoral degree from an APA or CPA accredited program in Clinical, Counseling or School Psychology
- Completion of an APA or CPA accredited internship in psychology
- Completion of a postdoctoral fellowship in clinical child and adolescent or pediatric psychology
- Unrestricted license to practice psychology in the State of Texas or ability to obtain prior to appointment
- Eligibility and commitment to pursue board certification through the American Board of Professional Psychology.
- Eligible for faculty appointment at The University of Texas Dell Medical School.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Experience as a licensed psychologist providing clinical services via tele-mental health
- Experience working in public school systems and community outreach
- Clinical teaching experience
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Commitment to providing exemplary care and treatment that restores hope and helps patients and families live healthier, fuller lives
- Ability to interact with interdisciplinary colleagues, administrators, patients and families in a manner that represents the Dell Medical School positively
- Efficient organizational skills
- Sound judgment in decision-making
- Flexibility and adaptability to change
Please submit a letter of interest, current CV and list of three (3) references. Applications will be reviewed as they are received and until the position is filled.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The University of Texas at Austin, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
To apply, visit https://faculty.utexas.edu/career/97668
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert