ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF TRANSPORTATION SERVICES
- University of Texas - Rio Grande Valley
- Texas, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Feb 13, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Business & Management, Other Business & Management
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF TRANSPORTATION SERVICES
Posting Number: SRGV6517
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Department: Campus Auxiliary Services
Scope of Job:
Responsible for planning, organizing and daily oversight of the transportation services area and ensures and maintains a safe, efficient, and customer-centered operation.
Description of Duties:
• Manages the daily operations of all transportation services and staff to ensure achievement of departmental goals.
• Assists the Director in managing and planning the assigned annual departmental budget and reviews expenditures for compliance with departmental needs prior to submission for approval from Director.
• Responsible for the successful operation of the special trip program and special services such as School of Medicine courier service (specimen transportation) and mobile health clinic (Unimovil).
• Fulfills responsibilities of Director of Transportation Services in his/her absence.
• Assists the Director in developing short- and long-range planning goals and objectives.
• Responsible for ensuring that departmental drug and alcohol program is compliant with Department of Transportation rules and regulations regarding drug and alcohol testing and training of all safety-sensitive staff.
• Manages the preparation of financial and operational reports and recommends strategies to the Director.
• Responsible for review and evaluation of transportation demand management programs such as bikeshare.
• Responsible for recommending vendor/contractor selection and ensuring compliance with industry and procurement requirements to ensure timely and efficient product delivery and use.
• Manages the departmental outreach and marketing program, including analysis of messaging effectiveness and communicating with internal and external audiences regarding departmental initiatives, goals, and strategies.
• Manages departmental Geographical Information Systems (GIS) mapping and geospatial program.
• Responsible for researching, recommending, and implementing intelligent transportation systems (ITS) programs.
• Reviews and enforces retention, discipline, and reward procedures for departmental staff in close coordination with Human Resources.
• Establishes and maintains partnerships with public transit providers to address University transportation goals.
• Identifies areas requiring compliance with federal, state, local, and University rules and regulations and recommending strategies to ensure compliance.
• Ensures that transit and FTA contract provisions are followed.
• Responsible for building interdepartmental and organizational partnerships to improve transportation services and programs.
• Reviews and suggests updates to departmental policies and procedures.
• May be required to operate a revenue vehicle for passenger transport or in courier service.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
General supervision from assigned supervisor.
Direct supervision of assigned staff.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
CDL Class B or higher with Passenger Endorsement or ability to obtain within six weeks of hire.As condition of employment this position requires the applicant to be authorized to operate a University-Owned Vehicle for Official University Business. Per University of Texas System Policy 157, applicants will be subject to a motor vehicle record check for their most recent thirty-six (36) month history. Out of State Drivers are required to submit a 36-month history MVR from their prior State of residence(s).
Four (4) years of management experience, including experience in client-facing costumer service, preparation of financial reports, transportation, and/or technology.
Use of standard office equipment. Use of mobile radio provided by university and cell phone.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office Environment/occasional work on the field; frequent travel, evening and weekend work is required. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. May encounter hazardous, noisy, and busy conditions on roads. UTRGV is a distributed institution, which requires presence at multiple locations throughout the Rio Grande Valley.
Ability to communicate effectively with customers and stakeholders. Ability to monitor, diagnose, and improve technology-based services. Ability to lead meetings with internal and external stakeholders. Ability to monitor specialized programs and identify, implement, and measure improvements. Knowledge of Federal Transit Administration/DOT regulations. Knowledge of transit buses, equipment, technology, and capital. Knowledge of transportation-related software and hardware. Ability to motivate team members to achieve departmental goals. Exceptional planning and organizational skills. Requires excellent verbal, communication, and customer service skills. Self-motivated and ability to work unsupervised. Strong organizational and management skills. This position will be subject to a pre-employment physical, motor vehicle record check, criminal background, and drug & alcohol exam.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 02/13/2023
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non-discrimination in its education programs and activities, including employment. We encourage women, minorities and differently abled persons to apply for employment positions of interest.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Dear Applicant, Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following: *Date of Birth *Social Security Number *Gender *Ethnicity/Race Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956)665-8880 and/or email@example.com.
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/37331 jeid-cca61b3eab88c54cabc6d12583e9cabe
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert