Lecturers - Part-Time; MEDEX - Family Medicine
- University of Washington, Department of Family Medicine
- Seattle, Washington State
- Posted Date
- Feb 13, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Health & Medicine, Primary Care
- Employment Level
- Non-Tenured Track
- Employment Type
- Part Time
The MEDEX Physician Assistant Program at the University of Washington seeks four (4) PA faculty members at its five campuses in Seattle, Tacoma and Spokane, WA; Anchorage, AK; and Kona, HI. This is a non-tenure track position as a Part-Time Lecturer in the Lecturer track. The expected start date is April 1, 2023, or soon thereafter.
Part-Time Lecturers hold annual appointments that align with a 12-month service period (July 1-June 30) and may be reappointed to subsequent annual terms. Faculty with 12-month service periods are paid for 11 months of service over a 12-month period (July-June), meaning the equivalent of one month is available for paid time off.
The full-time base salary range for this position will be: $4,281 - $9,333 per month ($51,372 - $112,000 annually) to be pro-rated based on FTE and commensurate with experience and qualifications, or as mandated by a U.S. Department of Labor prevailing wage determination.
This position will assist in all aspects of the program including recruitment and the development, delivery and evaluation of the curriculum associated with the program. University of Washington faculty engage in teaching, research and service.
Responsibilities may include:
- classroom and on-line teaching
- developing syllabi, lectures and evaluation instruments
- coordinating or chairing at least one course
- advising and evaluating students
- working collaboratively with other faculty members, medical director, staff and invited guest lecturers
- developing and nurturing clinical sites and preceptors
- managing student placements throughout the second (clinical) year
- developing and maintaining the clinical year curriculum
- supervising clinical end-of-rotation activities
- admissions activities, scholarly activity, committees, as well as other duties as assigned
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert