- Manhattanville College
- Purchase, New York
- Commensurate with qualifications
- Posted Date
- Feb 13, 2023
- Position Type
- Executive, Chancellors & Presidents
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Manhattanville College seeks a dynamic, inclusive, and visionary leader to serve as its 14th President and invites nominations for, and expressions of interest in, the position. The next President will build upon a record of success at Manhattanville, promote the distinctive quality of the institution in a competitive landscape, and develop a vision of growth and sustainability. Manhattanville has a long history of providing transformative educational opportunities and access to social mobility for its students. The next President will have the opportunity to expand Manhattanville’s brand and visibility, while leading the College’s continued success in today’s competitive higher education marketplace. This new leader must have a deep commitment to the students, the institution’s dedication to academic excellence and social mobility, and the community‘s distinctive culture.
Manhattanville is a private, independent institution located in Purchase, New York. The College serves approximately 1,300 undergraduate and 1,200 graduate students, who are instructed by 82 full-time faculty members. Manhattanville’s 100-acre bucolic campus provides students with a vibrant learning community located just 20 miles from New York City, which opens immeasurable opportunities for students to engage in cultural and professional experiences beyond the campus borders. Manhattanville enjoys a thriving campus life, competitive athletics, and a 12:1 student-to-faculty ratio that enables the College to recognize each student’s interests and provide an effective and engaging experience.
The President is the Chief Executive Officer of the College, reporting directly to the Board of Trustees. The President provides empowering leadership and direction for the management of all external and internal affairs of the College in keeping with its mission of promoting student-focused learning and social mobility. This includes direct supervision of a leadership team comprised of Institutional Advancement, Admissions and Marketing, Academic Affairs, Finance and Operations, Student Affairs and Diversity, Title IX, General Counsel, and Digital Strategy and Planning.
The successful candidate will preferably possess an advanced degree from a regionally accredited institution and will have demonstrated success with senior leadership experience in a college/university setting or comparably complex not-for-profit environment. The candidate should appreciate and embrace the mission and academic portfolio at Manhattanville, where a strong liberal arts core underpins an array of complex professional programs that have significant growth opportunities. The candidate should be visionary, motivating, and committed to the mission of Manhattanville. In addition, the ideal candidate should demonstrate the following attributes:
- A leader with unquestionable integrity who is transparent and exemplifies and honors ethical decision-making and leadership;
- A leader who thrives in a shared governance environment, serving as a supportive, collaborative, and inspirational leader for faculty, staff, and students;
- A visionary with a track record of innovation and transformative leadership who shares enthusiasm for the mission of Manhattanville;
- A leader who understands and supports both the academic nature of the institution and the complex business aspects of the organization;
- A leader with business acumen who brings a demonstrated record of achieving balanced budgets and revenue generation;
- A leader who can recognize and create funding opportunities for Manhattanville and spearhead fundraising efforts with alumni, donors, foundations, governmental entities, and community and business leaders;
- An outcomes- and action-oriented leader who can produce data-driven decisions and promote accountability at the College;
- An experienced team builder who can assemble, support, and mentor a strong leadership team at the College;
- A leader who is cognizant of their own strengths and areas of growth, who has a history of hiring team members to effectively complement their own expertise;
- A leader well-versed in crisis management who can be an inclusive but decisive decision-maker;
- An emphatic champion of diversity and inclusion who will understand how to sustain and grow an inclusive and equitable culture;
- A self-starter who can infuse an entrepreneurial spirit into the future vision of the College;
- A leader who is accessible and approachable and will further Manhattanville’s relationship-centered culture;
- A leader with a strong focus on, and commitment to, the student and student development; and
- A charismatic and motivating leader with a sense of humor.
Salary Range: Salary for the role is currently anticipated to range from $350,000 to $450,000, commensurate with experience. Manhattanville College also offers a highly competitive and comprehensive benefits package, including a presidential home.
All applications and nominations for the search will be held confidential. The committee will begin reviewing materials in the near future. For best consideration, please send a cover letter and CV/resume to:
Steve Leo, Managing Director
Brian Bustin, Senior Associate
For more information about Manhattanville College, please visit www.Manhattanville.edu
Manhattanville College is committed to equality of educational opportunity and is an equal-opportunity employer. The College does not discriminate against current or prospective students and employees on the basis of race, color, sex, national and ethnic origin, religion, age, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert