- Keeling & Associates
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Feb 13, 2023
- Position Type
- Executive, Other Executive
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Keeling & Associates, LLC (K&A) is a higher education consulting and professional services firm that works with universities, colleges, professional organizations, and related non-profits to advance learning and improve outcomes for both students and institutions. We seek an analytical, creative, and highly collaborative professional to join our team as a Consultant.
Our consultants have diverse professional and educational backgrounds in administration and management, teaching, executive search, public health, healthcare, psychology, student affairs, business, athletics, and the arts; that ensures an interdisciplinary perspective in everything we do. What we all have in common is an unwavering commitment to "student first."
Consultants lead, support, or manage projects, including strategic planning processes, program reviews, advisory services, and executive searches for institutions of higher education and related professional organizations. These projects require significant intellectual and practical engagement, an outcome-oriented approach, high levels of confidentiality, and excellent communication with internal colleagues, clients, institutional stakeholders, and, in the case of executive searches, potential or established candidates.
Consultants work in teams with other staff members on any of the various project types described above. K&A's project teams are highly collaborative groups that welcome creative thought and insights to develop innovative strategies for clients.
The successful candidate will be highly organized, adaptable, responsive, attentive to details, and reliable, and will have excellent written, oral, and electronic communication skills. Consultants must have the ability to work independently, remotely, and on rare occasion, travel as members of project teams. Demonstrated knowledge of, and a commitment to, policies and practices that support equity, inclusion, and cultural respect and sensitivity is essential. Consultants must conduct all aspects of the work ethically and with the highest level of integrity.
The position is full-time and includes an attractive benefits package.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Project Leadership and Support
- As designated, serve as project lead or co-lead for K&A projects (consulting, executive search, and internal types); this often requires leading or co-leading multiple projects at a time.
- Work with the Chairman, Vice President, and/or others, as assigned, to draft, refine, and finalize proposals for potential projects.
- Develop and execute project work plans and ensure all contractual obligations agreed to in the project contract are fulfilled.
- Provide day-to-day oversight of the work of a project team, which may include both full- or part-time K&A employees and contract consultants.
- Engage with clients to manage and deliver analyses, insights, and recommendations.
- Accept and demonstrate accountability for project management, including oversight, tracking, and execution.
- Draft, or assign responsibility for drafting, revising, and finalizing project documents and other deliverables.
- Ensure quality in all deliverables, including by editing and enhancing materials developed by project team members.
- When managing or supporting, but not leading, a project team: engage actively in the project under the direction of the project lead or co-lead; complete information gathering (including interviews, as needed), review documents and data, perform analysis, and draft, review, and/or edit reports and other deliverables (such as position announcements, interview or meeting summaries, project briefs, and related documents), as assigned. In complex projects, consultants may also assume key project management responsibilities.
- For all projects, regardless of leadership or support role: stay up to date on major trends and issues in higher education; suggest creative processes, systems, or tools to improve the firm's internal work and client services; utilize the firm's digital systems to the fullest extent possible; and participate in team meetings and project "huddles" as needed.
- Ensure effective communication with team members, clients, and candidates throughout each project phase.
- Facilitate or engage in conversations with prospective clients prior to the development of a proposal for search or consulting services—learning about institutional needs and project goals.
- Facilitate stakeholder discussions to help develop a more robust perspective on (a) the project goals; (b) the issues, challenges, and opportunities to be addressed; and (c) the desirable qualities of ideal candidates for searches.
- Other Duties
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Graduate and/or professional degree at Master's or doctoral level in a field appropriate to the work of the firm.
- Four to ten or more years of related experience and/or training in higher education and/or consulting/advisory or executive search practice, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Deep commitment to and understanding of higher education.
- Direct experience in higher education strongly preferred.
- Excellent communication skills: (1) the ability to effectively express and consider ideas in writing, through presentations and meetings, and in engaging conversations with clients and colleagues, and (2) parallel ability to listen effectively and interpret intent of clients and/or candidates.
- Strong interpersonal, transactional, and collaborative skills, including the ability to interact respectfully and productively with a diversity of individuals at all levels of an organization; must be a savvy learner, collaborator, and guide for team members and clients; able to handle surprises.
- Willingness to contribute cheerfully and effectively at all levels of a project, from leadership to operational and logistical activities.
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills as well as the ability to understand, analyze, and explain qualitative and quantitative data.
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence and high standards with acute attention to detail.
- Computer skills essential: proficiency with customer relationship management systems; document management systems; web conferencing technologies; internal company communications systems; Apple OS and iWork; Microsoft Office.
- Ability to travel throughout the United States and internationally; valid passport and driver's license, with good driving history, are required.
- K&A staff work remotely from home offices, distributed across the United States, and use a suite of tools—Zoom, Slack, Email, etc.—to stay connected and communicate efficiently, and asynchronously, with one another.
- K&A staff may be required to travel infrequently to client sites, conferences, company retreats, and other events. Required to use a computer and associated peripheral devices on a substantial and continuing basis.
- Required to have and sustain high-speed internet capabilities throughout employment.
Applications should include a resume/curriculum vitae and a cover letter addressing your interest in and qualifications for the position. Application materials must be sent, preferably as PDFs, to Consultant2023@keelingassociates.com with your first and last name in the subject heading. Candidates are encouraged to submit application materials by March 6, 2023 to receive full consideration. The application review process will continue until an appointment is made. Confidential inquiries and nominations should be addressed to K&A Vice President, Dr. Lili Rodríguez, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert