Part-time Instructors/Subject Matter Experts for Urban Agriculture courses
- Unity Environmental University
- Maine, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Feb 13, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Education, Instructional Technology & Design, Science, Technology & Mathematics, Agriculture & Animal Sciences, Geology & Earth Sciences, Other Science & Technology, Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Computer Services & Information Technology
- Employment Type
- Part Time
About Unity College:
For more than fifty years, Unity College has been preparing the next generation of environmental professionals and leaders to successfully face real-world challenges. With environmentally focused degrees, Unity College offers affordable and accessible bachelors degrees, masters degrees, certificates, and non-degree courses through a variety of modalities including hybrid, in-person, hyflex, and online.
Through the framework of sustainability science, Unity College provides a liberal arts education that emphasizes the environment and natural resources. Through experiential and collaborative learning, our graduates emerge as responsible citizens, environmental stewards, and visionary leaders.
The Technical Institute for Environmental Professions, located on the Pineland Farms campus of Unity College in New Gloucester, Maine delivers a highly flexible (HyFlex) education leveraging our new campus. The institute is designed to provide an accessible and affordable option to upskill, retrain, or start a brand-new career. Our programs provide preparation for high-demand industries from urban agriculture to data analytics, veterinary technology, and more. Our programs are built on the principles of competency-based education allowing learners to attain Associate degrees, certificates, and micro-credentials.
The Technical Institute for Environmental Professions at Unity College is seeking qualified, innovative, and enthusiastic individuals to help develop as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) and/or to teach in the following area(s):
- Urban Agriculture including courses in:
- Intro to Commercial Urban Agriculture
- Urban Agriculture Systems
- Intro to Soil Science
- Plant Nutrition
- Wednesdays 11 am - 2 pm
- Thursdays 6 pm - 9 pm
- Saturdays 9 am-12 pm
- For workforce courses, the minimum required is an Associate degree with three years of relevant experience; a bachelors is preferred.
- For general education courses, a masters degree is required.
- Previous teaching/training experience is highly desirable.
- Must be comfortable with navigating technology.
- Must have the ability to comfortably use Zoom, Microsoft Office, and Internet (technology support is available).
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately, particularly in front of a camera and a classroom/audience.
- Personal commitment to the environmental focus and mission of the college.
- A commitment to learner success.
The Technical Institute for Environmental Professions is located in New Gloucester, Maine, on the Pineland Farms campus. Classes are offered in the morning, afternoon, and evening.
These are temporary, part-time positions and are not eligible for benefits.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert