About Unity College:
For more than fifty years, Unity College has been preparing the
next generation of environmental professionals and leaders to
successfully face real-world challenges. With environmentally
focused degrees, Unity College offers affordable and accessible
degrees, certificates, and non-degree courses, through a variety of
modalities including hybrid, in-person, hyflex, and online.
Through the framework of sustainability science, Unity College
provides a liberal arts education that emphasizes the environment
and natural resources. Utilizing experiential and collaborative
learning, our graduates emerge as responsible citizens,
environmental stewards, and visionary leaders.
Unity College seeks enthusiastic individuals to serve as Subject
Matter Experts (SMEs) to develop courses related to sustainable
tourism and business. SMEs will work closely with the Dean of
Sustainability Studies to develop courses in recreation, sport, and
ecological tourism, minimal impact tourism, and ecotourism risk
The ideal candidate will possess a minimum of a masters
and ample professional experience related to
- Experience in evaluating and managing risk associated with
adventure-based or ecological tourism experiences.
- Ability to determine legal liabilities associated with
- Knowledge of economic, social, and environmental impacts of
- Knowledge of best practices to minimize negative impacts and
maximize benefits associated with ecotourism activities.
- Knowledge of sport, recreation, and ecotourism industries.
- Ability to write and critique business plans.
- Ability to efficiently operate a personal computer and
associated software (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.).
- Must have strong organizational and time management
- Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately.
- Experience with online teaching and/or distance learners is
- Personal commitment to the environmental focus and mission of
Unity Colleges Distance Education curriculum is 100% online. Our
Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) work with the Distance Education
Instructional Design team remotely.
This is a temporary part time position and is not eligible for
Interested and qualified candidates should click on the Apply Now
button and submit a CV, cover letter and points of contact for