Online SME - Sustainable Tourism & Business
- Unity Environmental University
- Maine, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Feb 13, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Business & Management, Other Business & Management, Professional Fields, Other Professional Fields, Science, Technology & Mathematics, Geology & Earth Sciences, Social & Behavioral Sciences, Recreation & Leisure Studies, Administrative, Academic Affairs, Distance Education Programs
- Employment Type
- Full Time
About Unity College:
For more than fifty years, Unity College has been preparing the next generation of environmental professionals and leaders to successfully face real-world challenges. With environmentally focused degrees, Unity College offers affordable and accessible degrees, certificates, and non-degree courses, through a variety of modalities including hybrid, in-person, hyflex, and online.
Through the framework of sustainability science, Unity College provides a liberal arts education that emphasizes the environment and natural resources. Utilizing experiential and collaborative learning, our graduates emerge as responsible citizens, environmental stewards, and visionary leaders.
Unity College seeks enthusiastic individuals to serve as Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to develop courses related to sustainable tourism and business. SMEs will work closely with the Dean of Sustainability Studies to develop courses in recreation, sport, and ecological tourism, minimal impact tourism, and ecotourism risk management.
The ideal candidate will possess a minimum of a masters degree and ample professional experience related to ecotourism.
- Experience in evaluating and managing risk associated with adventure-based or ecological tourism experiences.
- Ability to determine legal liabilities associated with ecotourism businesses.
- Knowledge of economic, social, and environmental impacts of ecotourism.
- Knowledge of best practices to minimize negative impacts and maximize benefits associated with ecotourism activities.
- Knowledge of sport, recreation, and ecotourism industries.
- Ability to write and critique business plans.
- Ability to efficiently operate a personal computer and associated software (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.).
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately.
- Experience with online teaching and/or distance learners is desirable.
- Personal commitment to the environmental focus and mission of the college.
Unity Colleges Distance Education curriculum is 100% online. Our Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) work with the Distance Education Instructional Design team remotely.
This is a temporary part time position and is not eligible for benefits.
Interested and qualified candidates should click on the Apply Now button and submit a CV, cover letter and points of contact for three references.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert