- University of Michigan, School of Public Health
- Ann Arbor, Michigan
- up to $80,000 a year
- Posted Date
- Feb 13, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Academic Affairs, Curriculum & Instructional Development
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
This position works with the Associate Dean for Education, the Assistant Director for Online Programs, Director of SPH Instructional and Computing Services (ICS), members of the SPH instructional services team, and other U-M Faculty Liaisons for Inclusive Teaching to define a strategy and implementation plan for development of instructional materials, courses, tutorials, and workshops reflecting inclusive and innovative teaching practices across the school. Please email your cover letter to Leona Cranford at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Provide curricular training and support to faculty and students engaged in online and hybrid learning environments to incorporate awareness of social and interpersonal dynamics into course design to improve didactic teaching outcomes, including real-time online sessions and other student engagement activities.
Faculty Liaison for Inclusive Teaching
- Serve as the school’s Faculty Liaison for Inclusive Teaching, bringing new programs and initiatives to the faculty to improve inclusive teaching.
Staying Informed of Changing Practices
- Research current and emerging pedagogical practice in relevant instructional technologies, online and hybrid learning environments, flipped classrooms, collaborative workspaces, and so on, appropriate to the higher education environment.
Team management and leadership
- Supervise Instructional Services staff (e.g. negotiating schedules, regular check-ins, insuring adherence to school policies, annual performance reviews, etc.).
- Master’s degree in instructional design, sociology or related field of study.
The statements included in this description are intended to reflect the general nature and level of work assigned to this classification and should not be interpreted as all-inclusive.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert