Strategic Sourcing Manager
- St. John's University
- New York, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Feb 10, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Business & Management, Accounting & Finance
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Strategic Sourcing Manager
St. John's established in 1870, has three New York City campuses; international locations in Rome, Italy; Limerick, Ireland; and Paris, France; and study abroad locations around the world. The Princeton Review and other top rankings consistently recognize the University's outstanding academics, diverse student body, dynamic internship and volunteer opportunities, focus on student life, and diverse study abroad offerings. St. John's University offers more than 100 undergraduate and graduate programs in its six colleges and schools, with a growing number of programs offered online. The University is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education and 12 other major academic and professional associations.
A dedication to diversity, equity and inclusion is at the heart of our mission. As a Catholic and Vincentian university, St. John's is committed to institutionalizing practices of inclusive excellence to ensure that we welcome and celebrate the intrinsic worth of all members of our community. We will become an even stronger university as we enhance equity at every level of our institution. As noted in our Vision Statement, our graduates will excel in the competencies and values required for leadership and service in a rapidly evolving world.
Position Title: Strategic Sourcing Manager
Reporting to the Controller, the Strategic Sourcing Manager will oversee the University's strategic sourcing and vendor management operations.
- Manages the University's strategic sourcing team.
- Creates and optimizes sourcing procedures to attain maximum efficiency.
- Performs cost and scenario analysis, and benchmarking.
- Discovers and partners with trustworthy vendors and suppliers.
- Negotiates strategic sourcing agreements and any changes in vendor contracts in accordance with University, state, and federal rules and regulations.
- Negotiates with vendors/contractors to obtain maximum benefit to the University from contracts.
- Decides if recurring purchases are appropriate for strategic sourcing agreements/initiatives.
- Applies negotiation skills to resolve vendor disputes with an acceptable outcome for the parties per University, state, and federal rules and regulations. Decides appropriate resolution to problems that may arise during the strategic sourcing contracting processes by mediating disputes between the University and the vendor/contractor.
- Develops and maintains awareness of changing commodity-related business trends in the marketplace and the possible impact to the University.
- Defends and/or justifies an award of a formal bid or proposal in the event of a formal protest filed by a vendor/contractor.
- Monitors and tracks vendor performance through periodic financial reviews, product performance, customer satisfaction surveys, and customer outreach.
- Markets and promotes strategic agreements to the University community to facilitate end user participation in and support of strategies.
- Consistent with the University's commitment to inclusive excellence and core to its Catholic and Vincentian mission, establishes policies and procedures to ensure purchasing activities, vendor pools, and the University's purchasing spend are inclusive of a diverse demographic, including minority- and women-owned businesses.
- Works with the University's Office of Advancement to maximize fundraising activity through vendors, as appropriate.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a Strategic Sourcing Manager in an organization of similar size to the University or larger.
- Professional experience in procurement processes (or related) and contracting procedures in a higher education institution is preferred.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in supply chain management, logistics, business administration or related field from an accredited college or university.
- Nationally recognized professional purchasing certification such as CPM, CPSM, CPPB or CPPO is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience using data analysis software and tools that support strategic sourcing decision making.
- Demonstrated excellent negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated excellent written communication and strong interpersonal skills.
- High level of commitment to customer service and teamwork.
- Working knowledge of financial systems used within large organizations. Experience with Banner Ellucian a plus.
In compliance with NYC's Pay Transparency Act, the annual/hourly salary range for this position is $125,000 - $135,000. St. John's University considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate's work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, as well as market and organizational considerations when extending an offer.
This position may be relocated to any of St. John's University's physical locations at any time
St. John's offers a competitive compensation program which is commensurate with your qualifications, experience, and contingent upon the departmental budget. We also offer an extremely comprehensive benefits program to meet the diverse needs of our workforce. Along with exceptional benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, long term disability insurance, tuition remission, generous 403(b) employer contribution, employee assistance program, and liberal paid time off policies, faculty and staff can also enjoy St. John's performing arts, libraries, bookstores, dining facilities, campus recreation and sporting events
Any offer of employment is subject to receipt by St. John's University of satisfactory references, verification of employment and education.
St. John's University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from women and minorities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply, visit https://jobs.silkroad.com/StJohnsEdu/Careers/jobs/219157
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert