Assistant Professor of Engineering
- Pennsylvania State University
- Pennsylvania, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Feb 10, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Science, Technology & Mathematics, Engineering
- Employment Level
- Tenured/Tenured Track
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Assistant Professor of Engineering
Penn State Scranton invites applications for a faculty position, Assistant Professor of Engineering, Tenure-Track, 36 weeks, beginning August 14, 2023, or as negotiated.
- Teach three courses (9 credits) each semester of undergraduate
courses in Mechanical Engineering using traditional lecture/labs,
hybrid, or online delivery methods.
- Teaching assignments may require teaching day, evening, and/or
Saturday classes as needed.
- Participate in course, curriculum, and program
- Publish in refereed journals and present at the appropriate
- Advise students and provide career guidance.
- Participate in campus, university, and community service
- Engage in activities to stay current in the
- Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering (or associated engineering
- Candidates completing their doctorate by Summer 2023 will be
- Strong preference will be given to candidates with experience
and expertise in Heat Transfer, Material Science, and Programming
- The successful candidate should additionally have plans to
involve undergraduate students in their research and projects with
Inquiries about the position should be addressed to:
- Dr. Durell Johnson, Chief Academic Officer, Penn State
- E-mail: email@example.com.
How to Apply:
- Applicants are required to submit a cover letter and curriculum
- As well as teaching and research statements.
- Finalists will be asked to submit a list of
- Application review begins February 28, 2023, and continues
until a suitable candidate is found.
Penn State Scranton is one of five campuses that offer the mechanical engineering major at Penn State. Penn State Scranton is one of more than 20 Penn State campuses state-wide. It is a student-centered campus of approximately 1,000 students. The campus offers 13 baccalaureate degrees and 4 associate degrees as well as the coursework for the first two years of more than 160 Penn State baccalaureate majors. Students and faculty at Penn State Scranton have the resources of a major research university at their disposal but in a small college atmosphere. Class sizes are small, and the student/faculty ratio is low which provides students with individualized attention. Our faculty members are committed to providing a high-quality educational experience to their students and are actively engaged in research. Steeped in tradition and enriched through advancement, Penn State Scranton provides an excellent education in an active-learning environment where a variety of engaged scholarship opportunities are available. Our students receive a world-class education delivered in a small campus setting where they have opportunities to participate in undergraduate research projects supervised by faculty members.
For more information about the campus, visit https://scranton.psu.edu.
Campus Information: Penn State University is a multi-campus public land-grant university that improves the lives of the people of Pennsylvania, the nation, and the world. Our instructional mission includes undergraduate, graduate, and continuing and distance education informed by scholarship and research. Our research, scholarship, and creative activities promote human and economic development through the expansion of knowledge and its applications in the natural and applied sciences, social sciences, arts, humanities, and engineering.
The Pennsylvania State University is committed to and accountable for advancing diversity, equity, inclusion, and sustainability in all of its forms. We embrace individual uniqueness, foster a culture of inclusion that supports both broad and specific diversity initiatives, leverage the educational and institutional benefits of diversity in society and nature, and engage all individuals to help them thrive. We value inclusion as a core strength and an essential element of our public service mission.
Apply online at https://psu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/PSU_Academic/job/Penn-State-Scranton/Assistant-Professor-of-Engineering_REQ_0000039949-1
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS: For more about safety at Penn State, and to review the Annual Security Report which contains information about crime statistics and other safety and security matters, please go to http://www.police.psu.edu/clery/, which will also provide you with detail on how to request a hard copy of the Annual Security Report.
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert