2023/2024 Assistant Coach
- SUNY Brockport
- New York, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Feb 9, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Student Affairs, Athletics
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Part Time
2023/2024 Assistant Coach
Job no: 496486
SUNY Budget Title: Assistant Coach
Salary Level/Grade: SL2
Work type: Temporary part time
Location: Brockport, NY
Categories: Management & Professional
Located in Western New York, State University of New York (SUNY) Brockport is a nationally recognized and accredited public institution with competitive state health insurance and retirement plan options. SUNY Brockport also includes Brockport Downtown and sponsors the Rochester Educational Opportunity Center (REOC), both located in Rochester, NY. We are an inclusive employee-oriented university. Be yourself and start your career here. Help us build a better Brockport! Job Summary:
The Athletics Department at SUNY Brockport is accepting applications to establish a pool of candidates to fill potential openings for the part-time position of Assistant Coach. SUNY Brockport Athletics is comprised of 23 sports and is an NCAA Division III program and a member of the State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC), Empire 8, and NCGA conferences.
As an Assistant Coach, you will assist the Head Coach in all aspects of the NCAA Division III program in a respective sport, provide excellent student athlete experiences and demonstrate a positive progress in competitive standing in the SUNYAC Conference.
Additionally, in this role you will:
- Coach in practice sessions and competitions
- Schedule games and practice preparations
- Complete player evaluations
- Develop game plans
- Recruit student athletes to the University and maintain roster
- Participate in fundraising for the Athletic Department.
- Represent the sports program and the department to various institutional entities and externally to students, parents, and the public
- Assist with team schedules and team travel
- Assist with supervision of all student athletes while away on intercollegiate athletic trips
- Keep abreast of and comply with the NCAA rules and regulations
- Correspond with athletic administration and support staff
- Bachelor's degree by time of appointment from a college or university accredited by the U.S. Department of Education or an internationally recognized college or university or job-related work experience
- Ability to work in a diverse population and commitment to creating an inclusive environment
- Effective communication and organizational skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- One year of experience coaching at an intercollegiate
- Demonstrated commitment to Division III philosophy
Work Schedule: Rotating schedule
Salary and Benefits: May be benefits eligible; more information at Careers@Brockport. This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Application Instructions: Visit jobs.hr.brockport.edu to complete an application including your cover that addresses the required and preferred qualifications as well as your sport(s) of interest, resume, and contact information for three professional references. Background Investigation Statement:
All applicants are subject to a pre-employment background check. Pre-Employment Drug Testing:
Pre-employment drug test and DOT physical may be required for positions requiring a valid Class A or B CDL driver's license with passenger endorsement.
New York State Executive Order:
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations via email at email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer:
SUNY Brockport does not discriminate. SUNY Brockport is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. The University is committed to fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff, and students, as well as ensuring equal educational opportunity, employment, and access to services, programs, and activities, without regard to an individual's race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, familial status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, domestic violence victim status, or criminal conviction. Employees, students, applicants or other members of the university community (including but not limited to vendors, visitors, and guests) may not be subjected to harassment that is prohibited by law, or treated adversely or retaliated against based upon a protected characteristic.
SUNY Brockport is committed to creating and maintaining an equitable environment that welcomes, values, and supports individuals and communities who affirm human dignity. The University provides opportunities for engagement, learning, growth, and transformation to foster a diverse, equitable, and inclusive institution.
SUNY Brockport is an AA/EEO/ADA employer. The University actively seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would enrich the diversity of the University.
To apply, visit https://jobs.hr.brockport.edu/cw/en-us/job/496486/20232024-assistant-coach
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert