Career Opportunity Number
Part-Time Faculty: English
MCC - Any Location
Temporary Part-Time Faculty
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
This is a POOL position. Application materials for this adjunct
position accepted on an on-going basis due to increasing demand for
courses in this subject area.
Adjunct faculty members serve the college and students by providing
high quality instruction and engaging in instruction related
activities. Adjunct faculty are expected to excel in classroom
instruction and to fulfill various responsibilities related to
their assigned teaching duties.
Adjunct faculty members excel as teachers by:
- Possessing sufficient professional expertise in their specific
- Maintaining faculty credentials as required by the college’s
- Selecting and developing instructional materials; planning and
organizing instruction to enhance student learning; creating
appropriate assignments to encourage student learning and foster
higher order thinking.
- Using a variety of proven methods of engagement and assessment
to facilitate student mastery of learning outcomes.
- Providing students constructive, encouraging, and corrective
- Evaluating student learning and modifying instructional methods
and strategies as appropriate to meet diverse student needs.
Adjunct faculty members are responsible for meeting certain
expectations as responsible and professional representatives of
MCC, including, but not limited to:
- Meeting classes as scheduled; notifying the appropriate
division chair with as much advanced notice as possible if they are
to be absent.
- Monitoring email and other electronic communication, and
responding to students in a timely manner.
- Preparing and distributing syllabi in accordance with
established procedures and guidelines.
- Following the published final exam schedule.
- Maintaining accurate records of students’ academic standing;
promptly providing final grades, attendance, and other information
as required by administration.
- Maintaining the confidentiality of student records as required
by law and college policy.
- Fulfilling all requirements as stated in College policies and
procedures including mandatory training.
- Exercising stewardship in the use of College facilities and
- Implementing course student learning outcome and institutional
learning outcome assessment activities as required by the
discipline/program, and reporting assessment data in a timely
- Master’s degree in English
- Master’s degree in any field with at least 18 graduate credit
hours in a combination of the qualifying fields:
- Rhetoric and Composition
- Master of Fine Arts (English)
- Technical Writing
- Print Journalism
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages ( TESOL ) /
Teaching English as a Second Language ( TESL )
To learn more about the English program, please click here
Compensation is determined by assignment
Type of Part-time Job
Part Time Faculty
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
- * How did you learn about this position?
- Academic Keys
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- Dos Mundos
- Employee referral
- Inside Higher Ed
- Kansas City Call
- Kansas City Globe
- Kansas City Hispanic News
- MCC Website
- Other Source
- Cover Letter
- Transcript 01
- Curriculum Vitae
- Transcript 02
- Transcript 03
- Letter of Recommendation 01
- Letter of Recommendation 02
- Letter of Recommendation 03
- Other Document 01
- Other Document 02
- Other Document 03