Associate Professor or Professor of Public Administration
- Kennesaw State University
- Kennesaw, Georgia
- Posted Date
- Feb 9, 2023
- Position Type
- Employment Level
- Tenured/Tenured Track
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Kennesaw State University is now accepting applications for a nine-month, tenure track Associate Professor or Professor of Public Administration faculty position in the School of Government & International Affairs that begins August 2023.
- Serving as Faculty Director of the NASPAA-accredited MPA program.
- Maintaining program’s NASPAA accreditation, including coordination of the re-affirmation process.
- Growing the MPA program, including the introduction of an online pathway.
- Maintaining an active research agenda and sharing research with relevant external audiences.
- Promoting the pursuit of internal and external funding by faculty, including federal grants.
- Teaching graduate courses in the program, as well as undergraduate courses in the School of Government and International Affairs (as needed)
- Teaching in a variety of modalities, including face-to-face, hybrid, and online.
- Maintaining program outreach and coordination with internal and external partners.
- Maintaining a student advisement regimen.
- Recruiting students and overseeing admissions in consultation with the admissions committee.
- Supervising administrative staff.
- Overseeing alumni network.
- Representing the program on the Graduate Council and in other assemblies.
Teaching assignments will be based on earned degrees and SACSCOC Faculty Credentials Guidelines.
Required Qualifications Include
- An earned Ph.D. (or the foreign equivalent), or other terminal degree in public administration or a closely related field.
- Strong publication record in public administration or public administration-related field.
- Demonstrated experience teaching graduate-level public administration courses.
Preferred Qualifications Include
- Administrative experience serving as MPA director/faculty coordinator, associate director, administrative officer, or chair of a unit.
- Demonstrated experience of involvement with NASPAA accreditation processes.
- Experience growing graduate-level degree programs.
- Experience with administration of online courses/course pathways
- Demonstrated record of receipt of internal and/or extramural grant-funding, including federal grant funding.
- Ability to teach and/or experience in teaching public policy, state and local government, and/or non-profit management.
- Evidence of operating within a culturally and ethnically diverse community.
- Demonstrated experience with supervision of graduate students and/or staff including successful experience with diversity, equity, and inclusion activities.
- Experience mentoring and supporting faculty research, creative activities, and career development.
- Record of commitment to service and engagement.
For a full description of this position, application deadlines, and application procedures, visit https://hr.kennesaw.edu/careers.php. Search for Job ID 254488.
For more than 50 years, Kennesaw State University has been known for its entrepreneurial spirit and sense of community. A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State is located just north of Atlanta, and combines a suburban setting on two metro-Atlanta campuses in Kennesaw and Marietta. As one of Georgia’s largest universities, Kennesaw State offers undergraduate and graduate degrees, including a growing number of doctoral programs. A member of the University System of Georgia, Kennesaw State is committed to becoming a world-class academic institution positioned to broaden its academic and research missions and expand its scope on a local, regional and national level.
Kennesaw State University, a member of the University System of Georgia, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and/or veteran status. Georgia is an Open Records state.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert