Casual Employee - Employer Relations Coordinator
- Benedictine University
- Illinois, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Feb 2, 2023
Casual Employee - Employer Relations Coordinator
Benedictine University is an inclusive academic community, inspired by the Catholic intellectual tradition and Benedictine values. We seek employees who will contribute to the advancement of our mission by helping students shape lives of meaning and purpose as engaged citizens who care for the Earth, welcome people of diverse faiths and cultures, and promote the common good.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Job Title: Casual Employee - Employer Relations Coordinator
Department: Office of Career & Personal Development
Reports to: Director
Status: Temporary, Non-Benefit Eligible
Location: Lisle Campus
Position Summary: The Employer Relations Coordinator will be responsible for the oversight, management, vision, and direction of employer recruitment, employer partnership, recruitment events, and customer relationship management system. This individual will represent Benedictine University in the most positive of manners to prospective, former, and current students, clients, suppliers, stakeholders, and the community.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
1. Cultivate relationships with prospective employers & alumni for internship & employment opportunities.
2. Plan, organize, & promote on/off-campus recruitment events; i.e. career fairs, information sessions, site visits.
3. Manage and maintain our CRM system which houses event, employer, and student.
4. Generate data for reports on employer engagement, employer outreach, job postings, etc.
5. Facilitate communication of employment opportunities to students, faculty, and staff.
6. Understand guidelines outlined by Department of Labor, Fair Labor Standards Act, and NACE competencies.
7. Perform other duties or ad hoc projects & assignments as assigned.
Education: Bachelor's Degree Required, Master's Degree Preferred
Experience: 3+ years of experience in recruitment, sales, event planning, higher education and/or career advising
• Public Speaking & Presentation Skills – Will need to present to multiple stakeholders and multiple employers
• Time Management Skills – Ability to manage multiple competing meetings, events, and deadlines
• Communication Skills – Written and oral communication are key when meeting with different constituents
• Collaboration Skills – Capacity to work with multiple different departments within the institution
• Innovation Skills – Develop different, creative, and new ways to engage students through programming
• Finance/Budgeting Skills – Manage and stick to financial constraints to ensure effective programming
Specific Knowledge, Licenses, Certifications: Yes. Must possess a valid Driver License
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Use of computer screen, phone and customer service.
May require bending, or sitting for long periods of time. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The following of campus specific guidelines for pandemic protocols are required.
Travel (If applicable): Yes. To visit and meet with prospective employer partners.
Supervisory Responsibility (if applicable): Yes. Marketing Interns.
Working Conditions: General office environment and employer site visits; internal and external
Training: As a University employee you are required to complete all University-specific and/or OSHA related training to fulfill your job duties. Specific training will be conducted online or in person. Employees must complete all trainings required by Benedictine University.
Benedictine University does not discriminate in its admissions or educational policies, programs or activities; scholarship and loan programs; athletic and other University administered programs or employment practices on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, military or veteran status, marital status, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. The laws applicable to Benedictine University include constitutional and statutory protections of the University's rights as a religiously sponsored institution. This policy of equal employment opportunity applies to all employment and personnel practices including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, promotion, training and compensation.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. The following of campus specific guidelines for pandemic protocols are required.
Benedictine University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert