- San Jose State University
- California, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Feb 8, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Business & Management, Accounting & Finance, Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Business & Administrative Support, Financial Affairs
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Reporting to the Director of Operations and Finance and taking work lead direction from the College Resource Analyst, the Accounting Technician will provide office support in general accounting duties for the college; verify, reconcile, analyze, and summarize data based on knowledge of accounting practices and established university/departmental policies and financial systems. Working independently under general supervision, the incumbent will work closely with other University departments (e.g., Procurement, Accounts Payable) to process requisitions, pay vouchers, travel expense claims, employee reimbursements; identify and follow-up on billing, invoice/payment issues. The incumbent will perform accounting duties related to running system generated reports; exporting, updating, and maintaining spreadsheets; preparing ad hoc reports using spreadsheet functions and mathematical calculations; account reconciliation; file and record maintenance and communicating established university policies and procedures to stakeholders and referring them to the appropriate staff member when more extensive interpretation is required.
- Initiate process and manage timely workflow for all purchase requisitions, direct pay vouchers, travel expense, employee reimbursements, registrations, office supply orders, p-card, go card reconciliations, etc
- Reconcile PO encumbrances to available budget and actual expenses
- Keep manager apprised of budgetary, financial, and procedural issues concerning assigned projects
- Provide input to streamline accounting procedures and internal controls
- Provide support services in the absence of CPGE Finance and Operations staff
- Knowledge in accounting principles as applied to accounts payable and purchasing
- General knowledge of PeopleSoft
- Ability to perform accurately in a detail-oriented environment; handle multiple work priorities, organize, and plan work and projects
- Effective oral and written communication skills and ability to effectively multi-task with tight deadlines independently and within a team environment
- Any combination of education and experience which provides the required knowledge and abilities
- Equivalent to one year of clerical accounting or financial record-keeping experience which has provided the above knowledge and abilities
- Experience and general knowledge of financial record keeping, mathematical and general office methods, procedures, and practices
- Accounts Payable and procurement experience
- Experience working with word processing and spreadsheet software programs, web browser, query tools, and integrated financial systems
- Excellent written communication skills
- One year of clerical accounting and financial record-keeping experience
Classification: Accounting Technician I
Anticipated Hiring Range: $3,345/month - $3,821/month
CSU Salary Range: $3,345/month - $5,249/month
San José State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package typically worth 30-35% of your base salary. For more information on programs available, please see the Employee Benefits Summary .
Click Apply Now to complete the SJSU Online Employment Application and attach the following documents:
- Letter of Interest
CSU Vaccination Policy
The CSU strongly recommends that all individuals who access any in-person program or activity (on- or off-campus) operated or controlled by the University follow COVID-19 vaccine recommendations adopted by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) applicable to their age, medical condition, and other relevant indications and comply with other safety measures established by each campus. The system wide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. SJSU will issue a contingent offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was offered the position on a contingent basis.
The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. Some positions may also require fingerprinting. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (e.g. H1-B VISAS)
All San José State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment. Incumbent is also required to promptly report any knowledge of a possible Title IX related incident to the Title IX Office or report any discrimination, harassment, and/or retaliation to the Office of Equal Opportunity.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act and Campus Housing Fire Safety Notification:
Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the Annual Security Report (ASR) is also now available for viewing at https://www.sjsu.edu/clery/docs/SJSU-Annual-Security-Report.pdf. The ASR contains the current security and safety-related policy statements, emergency preparedness and evacuation information, crime prevention and Sexual Assault prevention information, and information about drug and alcohol prevention programming. The ASR also contains statistics of Clery crimes for San José State University locations for the three most recent calendar years. A paper copy of the ASR is available upon request by contacting the Office of the Clery Director by phone at 408-924-1501 or by email at email@example.com .
Pursuant to the Higher Education Opportunity Act, the Annual Fire Safety Report (AFSR) is also available for viewing at https://www.sjsu.edu/clery/docs/SJSU-Annual-Fire-Safety-Report.pdf . The purpose of this report is to disclose statistics for fires that occurred within SJSU on-campus housing facilities for the three most recent calendar years, and to distribute fire safety policies and procedures intended to promote safety on Campus. A paper copy of the AFSR is available upon request by contacting the Housing Office by phone at 408-795-5600 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Equal Employment Statement
San José State University (SJSU) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, religion or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, or protected veteran status consistent with applicable federal and state laws. This policy applies to all SJSU students, faculty and staff programs and activities. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and certain other federal and state laws, prohibit discrimination on the basis of sex in all education programs and activities operated by the university (both on and off campus).
Advertised: April 05, 2023 (9:00 AM) Pacific Daylight Time
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert